Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help, Where can I get an 11/16-18 tap!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ozzie, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hi folks. I have a Unisteer cross steer set up in the model t and The connecting steering rod needs to be cut about 7/8" to fit nice, but i'll have to continue te inner threads a bit longer on the cut side so the tie rod end goes almost all the way in. The folks at unisteer say it's an early ford 1/16-18 thread... I cannot find that size tap anywhere!!!!. Are they wrong about the tap/thread size? Anyone here have a tap for their 11/16 tie rod ? should be the same on all 11/16 ends don't ya think?

I can buy it if it's of no use to you, or pay for shipping to me and ship it right back, I only have to make one pass and i have the tap magic fluid to help it cut easier.
    Ozzie

2. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Speedway Motors--- $20-R/H, $30-LH

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Ozzie

Ozzie

Rootie Kazoootieeeeee YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Also, keep a link to MSC Industrial supply...they can supply all the whacko double-fine threads on a '32 Ford, the odd size in a Stromberg inlet valve, stuff you would not believe still exists. You'll need some kind of unheard of tap somewhere soon...

6. Chops

Chops

7. ryno

ryno

fastenal.

8. turdytoo

turdytoo

We've been through this before and though some don't like it, I still use my 5/8 18 Helicoil tap. It works and hasn't failed yet.