Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help. Want to use my stock 55 Customline 3spd column shifter with my C4 auto. Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redneck reverend, Jul 10, 2011.

1. redneck reverend

redneck reverend

I put a C4 auto in my 55 Ford Customline but I don't want to clutter my floorboard with an aftermarket auto floor shifter. I understand in theory how to do it. Just wondering if anyone knows a cheaper and easier way. Also I'd anyone has done the conversion and has pics I would really appreciate it if you could share experience. Thanks.

2. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Hey rev , I built a 56 ford conv for my mother put a 302 C4 in it with the stock column I used a Lokar column shift cable kit i think i had to do minor fitting of the bracket at the bottom of the column ,as they come in 2'' or 2 1/4 '' bracket diameter.but i cant recall if the ford column was bigger or smaller than the bracket either way it was a simple fix the kit works great ,as i said its a cable off the column ,smooth operating under looks stock inside ,they are available from summit , speedway,or lokar may give HAMBERS a discount . Hopes this helps Oh they are about $125