Register now to get rid of these ads!

help w/finding longer brake hose for Ford rear

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I'm putting a granada ford rear in my 40 cpe and want to replace the stock fitting(junction w/lines to each wheel) that includes about a 12" rubber line with a replacement fitting that hopefully has a longer rubber line. Anybody got a part number and or know how long a rubber hose portion is available?
    All help is greatly appreciated.
    Al
    PS no jokes please about having a short hose!

2. geoking

geoking

AL,

<DD class=tel>(757) 224-1828 is a start with B and B hose near you. Just give them the length you need and they will make one up for you. This is an easy one and you can order on line from many folks.</DD><DD class=tel>regards,</DD><DD class=tel>George</DD><DD class=tel> </DD>

3. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

try the local 4x4 shops ?

4. chop&drop

chop&drop

I went to NAPA and asked if I could look through their brake hose book. Found what I needed in about 5 minutes.

5. George/Maine

George/Maine

I,m using a 81 Granada replacment hose,you get the block for the lines and hose in one piece.You will have to file and turn it some and weild a piece to the frame to hold it. Works for me.
    George

6. Take the old hose to the hose guya nd he might be able to use the block end and save you a couple of bucks.

7. George/Maine

George/Maine

I only made in one piece and its a vent part.

8. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

Take your short hose to a shop that makes hydro hoses..... should be under $10 for them to make a new longer one....

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I think mine is for a 70s 1 ton chevy 4x4, worked great.

10. brad chevy

brad chevy

Most of the NAPA stores carry pre made hoses now just measure the thing and get one. The local NAPA here also makes Hyd,AC.Power steering and brake hoses and are reasonable on the wallet to.

11. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

x2 on NAPA. they got EVERYTHING for plumbin brakes from scratch.

12. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Thanks for the help. I failed to point out that the hose and junction fitting is one piece so replacing the hose ain't an option from what I can tell. I expect to have to make up a bracket to hold the end of the hose that connects to the chassis and that won't be a problem. I just want more than 12 inches of brake hose in the one piece part that fits over the vent tube and attaches to the brake line coming from each wheel. I go see the Napa fellas... they're pretty good. I'll report back what I find so we can all write the part number on the wall! Reinventing the dang wheel (or brake hose junction) shouldn't be required so often. That is the main reason I have taken to keeping spreadsheets with part numbers, prices, and application for each car or truck I build or rebuild.

BTW, I put the newly built driveshaft in my hemi powered 40 cpe using the new 5 spd today. I hope to get enough wires on it this weekend to get it running again but it may take longer as I may to fab a battery box to put the battery under the RF fender like I did on my chopped 40 pkp.... another opportunity!

Thanks again. Start writing those part numbers on the wall in a legible handwriting!
    I realized I hadn't bought one before and I probably should have. One I find a magic solution, I think I'll buy 3 or 4 and start doing some PM on my street rod fleet.
    Al