Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical help to identify Banjo rear

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by franky_f4f, Feb 26, 2016.

1. franky_f4f

franky_f4f
    from Europe

good morning,

can sbd. help me to identify a banjo rear? I've never seen an rear end like this, especially the casing for the driveshaft, shown in pic below.

m-konversation-anhang.jpg Unbenannt.JPG m-konversation-anhang (1).jpg Unbenannt2.JPG

Thanks for informations
    best regards from germany
    frank

2. oldsplicer

oldsplicer
    from mexifornia

3. another guess for a Lincoln..

4. trad27

trad27

Yup Lincoln, save those radius rods. They are shorter than the '46 '48 fords. That's what i have in my T.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

The banjo has some style and extra bolts on front area of trumpets..looks narrower than ford..guts the same as a ford?

6. verde742

verde742

Mercury,,
    might be same as Lincoln, I have never seen a complete Lincoln,

BUT, I know Lincoln has a wider Spring than a Ford or Mercury,, I grind for hours, on each side, to get it to fit in a Forty Ford Cross-member.

7. trad27

trad27

I'm am sure someone that knows more will chime in, they don't interchange the Lincoln is a hypoid rear, I heard the Lincoln's had rears as low as 4.56 or so, don't quote me on that number. Also the springs have inserts like the aftermarket's do now. Me and a buddy bought a '48 Lincoln for some suspension parts and cut the car apart with torches and literally a ax to scrap it. Was a really clean rust free car too...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  8. franky_f4f

franky_f4f
    from Europe

Thanks a lot for all comments! Now, i can think about it to put it in my 31 roadster... But:

the Axel has an 55,5" width, so i guess, ist too width for me.

Thanks
    Frank