Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help to ID what I believe are early Ford parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by midnightrider78, Sep 4, 2021.

1. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I got a bunch of stuff at an auction recently and the majority of it was early Ford. There are still a few pieces I haven't identified yet so I'm hoping you guys will clue me in. The stuff that I am still uncertain about is circled in the picture. I wonder if the round tin piece may be off of a horn?
    Thanks in advance!
    EF7 b.jpg

2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The upper 2 rods in the circle with 3 rods appear to be steady or anti chatter rods. No help on the other parts.

loudbang likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

motorcycle fork covers, with the ear for mounting the headlight? (on the right in your picture)

4. rusty valley

rusty valley

yup, and yup ^^^. the round thing is odd that it seems to be stamped off center... what the heck is it?

5. alchemy

alchemy

The rod below the anti-chatter rods is probably a brace on the underside of a 40 Ford hood. From the underside of the rearmost screw of the nose trim, down to the latch catch mount. If it's not from a Ford I bet it's a Merc as he had a bit of Merc stuff too.

Not sure what the round thing next to the flathead flywheel bolt washers is. Maybe you can get a pic from another angle?

olscrounger and loudbang like this.
  6. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I hadn't even considered that. But, the guy did have a few pieces for an Ariel motorcycle among his things.

stillrunners likes this.
  7. midnightrider78

midnightrider78