Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help -- Stromberg WW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cars5752, Jan 19, 2011.

1. cars5752

cars5752

Got a question. I'm working on an old vintage sprint car. It has a 3x2 set up with Stromberg WW carbs. I've only got one hooked up as this is sufficient for my needs. I'm very unfamiliar with these carbs. I have a fuel leak that appears to be coming from what I'll call (2 rivet plugs) in the front of the carb. It appears somewhere along the line, someone has smeared some epoxy on these plugs and now's it's dissapating. What's the best way to stop the leak? Any advise sure appreciated!!!

2. I've got about 20 Stromberg WW's and 2 Hambers have been most helpfull on the model.

Abomination and CarbKing

Contact-PM them

Movin/on

3. Abomination

Abomination

1. Do you have block off plates on the outboard carbs? If not, have the butterflies been lapped to get a good seal?

2. Those passages are peened over at the factory, and occasionally leak.

They can indeed be fixed with regular old Epoxy (the cleaner you get the surface, the better) but go sparingly, ot it'll look like absolute poo.

Atop what manner of intake do these WWs live?

~Jason

4. Abomination

Abomination

And yes, that's a WW in my avatar.

And yes, I ask myself why I can't love a normal carb - but the WW is my favorite.