Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Stolen 1934 ford Fort Worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8th grade genius, Mar 29, 2011.

1. There are tracking devices out there that are very affordable. Less expensive than you might think.

2. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Why does it seem like its always happening at hotel/motels? Wtf
    I'm gonna start taking a my steering wheel, coil caple, and a tire!

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm sure they are following it here on the hamb.

4. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

If they are, thats F#%KED up but its a F'd up world....with technology today, it works both ways I guess...good guys and bad guys...Any update??

5. here are a couple of security camera pics I got today, more to come

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  6. Shit! Are those of the guy driving it away?

7. Ozzie

Ozzie

Holy S^%$# that's something to go on!!!, It's like the shows where they see the perp on some security camera going in one direction and then continue to track the cameras from local businessses until they catch the guy!!.
    Way to go!!, Keep it up, you'll find it!!

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx for the link. I've spent some time reading and studying their unit.
    It's nice and will call either the law or you, according to your desires.
    Only problem is the unit placed in the car doesn't call you! It calls a base unit which must be within 2000' of the protected car, and plugged into 110V. Then the base will call either you or the law.
    So, let's say you drive your pride and joy to an event far enough from home to warrant staying overnight(s) at the venue area.
    So you get a room at a hotel on the West side of the city because all the rooms are sold out on the East side of town, area of event. Now during the course of the day, reuniting with old friends and meeting new ones, winding up @ a cookout, beer party, or just a juke joint nearby, just a little further to the East.
    So when you arrive in your ride, that base is way out of range where you are! If you lugged the base along, are you gonna ask the waitress for a long dropcord so's you can plug in?
    The thing's gotta be able to call you direct on your cell phone for that 2000'. Not to a base that's outta range back in the hotel across town!
    Dave

9. You are doin some great detective work. Keep at it! I hope you can get to these bastards before they ruin your work.

Myself, I'm thinkin the cell phone is a great option. If any of my cars were stolen, and I could get it located, I would have a little get together with as many HAMB members as possible for a little reunion.

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Looks like 2 people in the car...

11. historynw

historynw

I'm getting the feeling that the thief / thieves might just visit this site or others that specifically deal with shows in that area. That guy admiring you car or really checking it out hard could be the guy driving away with it. There has to be some common denominator.

12. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, you got better eyes than I do. Unless you know something that I don't.....

This sucks!! I'm keeping watch on Craigslist and the streets here on the west side of Kansas City.

13. speedjunky

speedjunky

Sucks bro.
    I will keep an eye out in Huntsville Trinity area.

14. FouledPlugsCC

FouledPlugsCC

got an eye in Bryan/ College Station

15. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

16. Umm, this topic is already stickied to the top, nice gesture but you can't bump it:rolleyes::)

17. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

That makes me even sicker seeing the guys driving it away............

18. Rusty

Rusty

So if they got footage drivin it off, there bound to have the truck they drove or car on camera, even possibly them gettin in it, i feel a break in the case comin

19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If there's 2 guys in the car, then it's likely there's at least a 3rd member that would have drove away in their vehicle.
    I'm sure these two wouldn't have left their own vehicle behind-UNLESS it was also stolen!? If they abandoned a stolen case vehicle near the location the 34 was stolen, then it may be a lead (finger prints).

20. daddio211

daddio211

It helped me out, as I typically hit "New Posts" at the top of the page and don't always see stickied posts.

I read it from the beginning and the pics of the thief(s) in the car made me sick to my stomach! Here's to hopin' you recover it! Eyes peeled in Utah.

21. Here is the last pic of it prior to it being stolen

Attached Files:

22. dallasdrifter

dallasdrifter
    from dallas tx

Is it just me, or have I seen this car somewhere? How many times have you had this car in texas? which hotel was it? I am familiar with the haltom city area. Ft. worth is just a hell hole in general. I keep my beast stored in a garage in Arlington, and pay a monthly fee. Sorry for your misfortune. I will watch for anything that catches my eye. This coupe has some distinctive features that stick out to me. Hince, why I think I have seen it before.

23. JustJoey

JustJoey

Was it taken during the day or is that a night vision camera? Still keeping an eye out for you! If you need any help feel free to shoot me a PM.

24. .

I drove it down last fall for the Revolution.

25. bosox

bosox
    from Nebraska

I am sure you have thought of this already and this is why you are chasing video, but...

If those pictures are from the hotel, they have given you a date/time stamp. Many communities have their streets and intersections covered with cameras. If for no other reason, to gauge traffic in the area or the news stations covering what highways have accidents or whatever. You might try to see if the news station might help you out since you now have some time/date proof of the car in motion going some direction from the hotel. At least you will know if it was driven out of town in a specific direction and start your tracing there or if it was driven just a short distance to a truck/trailer/container setup. Maybe there was a security camera in the area that could have been loaded. Follow the trail with security cameras as far as possible.

Incidentally, why did it take so long to get the pictures from the hotel? (assuming these are from the hotel) Seems like that should have happened that morning/afternoon. Not judging you, just letting my mind think of worst case scenarios. Anybody have any specific or too much interest in the car (other than the normal admirer) while in town?

Hope it is returned to you. Quickly.

cale

26. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Man this sucks I will keep my eyes peeled in Irving down the road.

27. 0154Cobra

0154Cobra

I saw a guy last night with a car trailer and a 33-34 on the trailer. I whipped my Cobra around real fast and caught up to it. Ended up being a brand new fiberglass body on a brand new frame. Totally not your car. But Im sure as heck keeping my eye out.

28. DREW148BHP

DREW148BHP

Another option on tracking is to see if any buy here pay here car dealers that use the gps units will allow one to be added to the car and you can pay them a monthly fee to have them monitored. I have a buddy that has a dealership and uses them that would be more than happy to hook me up and I trust him so I guess you would need to trust the dealer but that might be a cheaper option than lojack or http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/gps-car-tracking-vehicle-logging.html

Also I am keeping my eyes open for your ride.

29. tommythecat79

tommythecat79

It seems like every one of these stolen car posts is from Texas. I knew there was a reason why I hated that place.

30. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

Oh yea, its Texas' fault. There has never been a car stolen in Colorado.

Way to go Cobra, thats giving some effort to help this man.