Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Stolen 1934 ford Fort Worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8th grade genius, Mar 29, 2011.

1. khanshawn

khanshawn
    from Ft Worth

Haltom City is a shit hole!!! I have to pass through there every day on my way home from work. I will keep a close eye out for ya man, I drive 160 miles daily through the DFW metroplex. Sorry about the car.

2. Still hoping to read the recovery thread!! Someone has to know something keep the preasure on the authorities!!

3. wkrman

wkrman

their is some misguided anger here, nothing funny at all a car thief caught should be treated like they used to do horse thiefs. the car i dealt with was stolen yes but stripped the way it was even made things worse. the owner was glad to get at least a part of it back so he could rebuild. I can only support and only hope the best for 8th grade genius

4. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

No body thinks it's funny.

I pick locks for a hobby. Padlocks, the 'Club' (the easiest by far!), doors, drawers, toolboxes, cars, trucks, yes even those tubular locks like coke machines have (I have those on my tool chest at work), etc.

Does knowing how make me a thief?

I have never picked a lock to steal.

I have opened locks in desks for a new boss, a truck driver who dropped his keys into the trunk by accident when slamming it shut, co-workers that forgot and left their keys in the ignition (I even did THAT myself!), and last I picked a lock on a car in 100 degree plus heat faster than the cops or fire department could arrive in order to get a baby out safely.

I also know how to prevent others from picking my locks.

Granted, I'd bet there may well be some unscrupulous characters lurking here for nefarious reasons, but I hard think any true Hamber here thinks theft is funny.

5. joel torres

joel torres

i've had this idea im going to use on my car and i really don't care who knows cause i have a few tricks im going to do besides this one but hear me out and see if ya like or can improve this idea

line lock brakes installed front and rear
    now i know you energise them so they can lock so i have a small 12v batt that one would use in a house alarm installed where no one can find it i also have a certain switch and wires are completely hidden you could spend a month looking for and wont find
    when i park my ride i energise the setup if you can get passed my other kill switch and manage to hot wire my car my four wheels will not roll for shit and the batt is self charging so i could leave it for ever and my brake will hold

6. wkrman

wkrman

I see where some people have posted on you tube trying to get the word out might help

7. spobanz

spobanz

Live in D.F.W, posted yesterday to all my facebook friends to watch with link & plate #.

8. JustJoey

JustJoey

Ill keep an eye out and I put this on some local forums. Really hope you find it, good luck.

9. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Watching in Montana. The big problem is you can lock every wheel, disable it anyway you want & it will still be gone. I drive a salvage truck daily. When I back up to a car with no wheels to load, it is no problem. Steering wheels locked and stuck in gear, no problem. Side rails on the truck prevent turned wheels from being a problem. Cars skid easy on a metal deck. The winch will literally pull the truck apart. Worst car I ever loaded, was beside a house with no wheels. With a snatch block and a little extra effort I had it loaded and tied down in less than 10 minutes. When a car is on the deck, and hooked to the winch, you don't have to tie it down to leave. So the average car thief with a roll back truck, can be loaded and gone, in about a minute. I would be checking with tow companies and repo outfits first if I had a car stolen.

10. blacktopmama

blacktopmama

So sorry! That really sucks.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might not help but guys in the FW area might be keeping an ear open for news of someone with a dirt track or drag car that all the sudden has a strong running small block in it where a week ago he couldn't afford any kind of engine. Most likely the car was stolen for the engine to put in something else.
    Second thought is someone in that same area who has/had a crap 34 coupe project who all the sudden is said to be making great progress on his car and the body all the sudden looks way better than anyone can remember thinking it would look.

And there is the really off chance that it would show up at a Texas rod trot this weekend in a different color primer with different wheels and intake on it with Texas plates. There are a lot of guys around that could give that coupe a whole new identity in two days so that without close inspection the guy who built it wouldn't recognize it right off.

12. Yep....just like a horse thief. Hang 'em HIGH!!

13. Mo$4Ford

Mo$4Ford

I Don't Know About The Other Guys? I Did Not Think Anything Was Funny About Anyone Getting Their Vehicle Stolen Was Funny! I Was Serious About The Wheel Boot! Plus Park Where The Thieves Can't Get One Of Those Tow Trucks With The Wheel Lifts! Back in the 80's I Had A MIni Truck, I Had Line Locks Added To The Alarm That Was On A Seperate Ni-Cad Battery When The Alarm Went Off, The Brakes, All 4, Would Lock Until I Reset It. Was Not Easy For A Run Of The Mill Theif, They Had Too Be Prepared.
    Good Luck On Getting Your Car Back. Again, I'm Sorry That Would Happen To Anyone.

Attached Files:

14. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I personally believe that all these hot rod thefts lately are related....I think there are a small group of thiefs picking these cars up......As most real car guys are good people and not thiefs!!.....I also do not think they are busting them down and selling off the parts, I think they are retitleing them, And shiping them overseas.....

15. I have a description from one of the hotels long term guests I would like to talk to. The guest described a guy driving either an extended cab or 4 door nissan or toyota pickup that was white. His description was a rockabilly with rolled up pants and combed back hair around my car a little before I found it gone tuesday morning. The guest said it looked like he might be working on it.

16. Hoping this leads somewhere!! Praying for you to get your baby back and the scum to get whats coming to him.

17. Don't know how big that town is or how plugged in the local PD are but wonder if this might ring any bells with them? I'm sure you relayed that info though...

Sounds like you've spent the past few days beating the bushes. Hope you have time to continue the search before having to go back home.

JH

18. Yep the cops are aware and have assigned a detective to the case. I have pulled every string I could and pulled over probably 50 different cops before they figured out I'm not going away. I spent 200 nights in Texas last year and am headed for at least that many this year. The way I see it I have a new hobby until I recover it.

19. Hell yeah! Don't let up!

Good luck man. Like I said before, I'll be looking at the Autofair in Charlotte this coming week/weekend.

JH

20. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

On the Flyer that your passing out & posting, do you have a 'reward' listed? For leading to the recovery of the car? I will donate a $100 to it if you hear of anything/recover the car.

When that HA/GR was stolen a couple of years back, I think that it was a guy in jail that 'snitched' out where the car was and they went out a recovered it back while the guy was in jail.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

21. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

Know one knows which direction it went....so I'll be on the look out here in north east Mo. and surounding area. The best of luck to you.

22. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Has your story recd any local news coverage? Anyway to get one. A couple of years ago a car was stolen here on his way to HAMB drags if I remember correctly. I believe it was found in a storage lot in some hokey trailer with tall plywood siding. It seems like it was due to someone seeing the news story. Just a thought. It most likely remains in the area.

23. Maybe it won't be a big help since we are in California but I posted the pictures of the car story and a few others that have been stolen recently on the Helldivers C.C. social group. Hopefully this helps out and keeps more eyes out for yours and other cars.

24. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Will watch the Houston area swap meets and craigslist for you. Let ,e know what else you need done.

25. Area56

Area56
    from Oklahoma

Stolen by professionals. He was dressed up to look the part and was out patrolling for a target that day. Who would question him around the car in that getup other than the real owner?

This is happening every year hard around the LSR, and it's not meth heads looking to score a radiator to turn in for scrap. We need to find some way to start aggregating the data from all the stolen hot rod interviews that the PoPo has on record during this time frame and find what's common between them. The difficult thing is that the thief probably traded in his white pickup the day after the job and picked up a new ride to patrol in. That's what they do around here.

26. Zumo

Zumo

We also need to start installing cheap prepaid cell phone GPS systems in the cars.

27. 76cam

76cam

Wow hopeing for some good news on this with all the cars around this weekend.Sorry to hear.But at least you got someone who saw the posible suspect!!!!!

28. Backwoodsfab

Backwoodsfab
    from Washington

It's a longshot, but I work on the docks in Tacoma WA. We export a lot of classics to Asia, and nothing leaves without me checking it out (unless is's in a container). I'll be watching.

29. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Sorry for the loss.
    For the amount of money we have invested in our cars, I would forget the "cheap prepaid cell phone GPS systems' and get something reliable and worthwhile. Our fleet of vehicles uses a system by US Fleet Tracking that is amazingly accurate, keeps up with where our vehicles are 24 hours a day, and can update position every 6 seconds.
    I think the average retail cost is about $1 a day...

30. 0154Cobra

0154Cobra

Theifs make me sick. Some people work hard to buy the car of their dreams. Others take that for granted. Door dings. Wreckless driving. etc. I have 2 Mustang Cobras, and I cant afford to keep full coverage on them all the time. I feel your pain with the insurance issue. I truely from the bottom of my heart hope you find your car.

I have a suggestion. Its car show season. If everyone does their part, maybe someone will spot this car. Please, someone that has some photoshop skills(not me, I have none) take the pictures of the car, and sift through this whole thread and make a page that we can all print off like a flyer. When you go to a car show, throw a copy of it in every car. With all the car shows, and events coming up this spring and summer, maybe someone will find something.

Also, please update the first post in this thread with every ounce of information about the car asap. Lets face it most of us view multiple forums. If everyone on here posts this on a couple of forums, it only increases exposure to the missing vehicle. If everyone takes a few minutes out of their day to help a fellow member find his car, we will all be able to read a "Missing Car Found" thread.

I am posting this Missing car thread on 100mphclub.com Mokandragway.com kcsr.org and saveafoxfoundation.com Lets increase the exposure to this missing vehicle everyone.