Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help save a track

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by derbydad276, Dec 26, 2013.

1. derbydad276

derbydad276

I need the Help of the H.A.M.B.
    a track needs your help to stay alive. In a day where most kids would rather throw in a video game about racing rather than hop in a car and actually do it.

please sign on to this link and tell The City of Winston Salem N.C.

to SAVE Hobby Park and Monster Mountain the fastest soap box derby track in the country

http://www.change.org/petitions/cit...re_petition&utm_term=permissions_dialog_false

2. derbydad276

derbydad276

sunday bump...

soap box racing is grass roots family friendly its said the car only seats 1 but the whole family gets into it

3. A question,if we sign the petition will we be getting spam about making donations to save something that is not in our state.. HRP

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  4. derbydad276

derbydad276

so far I have not this was setup by another derby racer from North Carolina
    and a really straight up guy

Richard Childress sponsors the local race here each year
    says his first racer was a derby car and even has the axels and wheels from it still in his museum

the local race would have stopped years ago if it wasn't for him

Im just doing my part to build awareness of the sport because its a great way to introduce kids to the car culture

jim