Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help request..1955 international R100 wheel stud size and bolt pattern?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drptop70ss, Jun 10, 2016.

1. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Hi,
    Would anyone know the 5 lug bolt pattern and stud size for a 1955 IH R100 pickup? I have to pick one up that is currently has rotted out wheels that are already removed, so I believe the lug nuts are missing, so I need to show up with wheels and lug nuts.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it's half ton, should be 5 on 4.5 (ford, mopar, amc) Not sure of center bore diameter though, some Fords have a smaller diameter center bore.

3. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Thanks, I just have to get it on a trailer. I have a set of wheels from a ranger pickup so hopefully they will fit enough to get it rolling. I know it is an oddball truck but I like them, I will bring 7/16" and 1/2" lug nuts. Just wanted to make sure it didnt have left handed studs or something to trip me up, will be a few hours from home.

4. Terraizer

Terraizer

5x4.5" bolt pattern, 1/2" studs with Right and Left hand treads. If i remember right stock ford wheels have too small a center hole, Mopar wheels fit, but with the more modern wheel you will have problems with the back spacing so the inside of the tire will contact the tierod ends, bring some washers or wheel spacers to space the wheel out to clear the tierod ends.

5. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Thank you for that info..these ranger wheels are junk, I will take the plasma cutter them and open up the center hole to deal with that issue. Left handed lug nuts is a problem, that I dont have on hand. Maybe I can get lucky with NAPA or AZ, but somehow I doubt it.

6. squirrel

squirrel

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

If you don't have a local O'Reilly's, I looked up the same part (Dorman # 611-031) that Jim found for you, at NAPA and they also show it stocked under NAPA # NOE 6412025.

8. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Thank you I will see if they have some today.

9. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Thanks again for all the help, picked up 6 of the dorman lugs today at NAPA. Would be nice to have an oriellys around, they seem to stock more than the stuff at autozone or advance auto.
    Now tomorrow we will see how much of a nightmare it will be to drag home, and then a build thread in the future. Will be putting a jag front and rear suspension in it.