Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help removing o/s door locks 41 Ford car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskooloutlaw, Oct 13, 2011.

1. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

My door latches on both sides of my 41 were froze up and I managed getting the outside handles and latch assemblies off But I don't see what is holding the keyed door lock in. Can somebody wise me up on this?:confused:

2. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I have a 47 Ford COE that has a small allen set screw that holds the key lock in place.
    It is accesed through a small hole in the door jamb.
    I heated the assy. that holds the lock from inside of the door with a tourch and applied penitrating oil. A few times of this treatment and it came out easly.

3. customrod48

customrod48

the 41 car is also accessed from the door jam, with either an allen or a straight screw, juice them up good first...

4. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

Hey thanks guys, I did see the allen screw but it was so small that I thought it could have been a roll pin. I'm glad I didn't try and drive it out. I don't have a torch but maybe the PB Blaster will help...

5. speedyg948

speedyg948

X3...scratched my head too when I diassembled....mine was an allen screw...

6. on my '47 had to use a dremel and a carbide bit to get mine out.....of course there was a drill bit broken off in there and the car was painted too.

Attached Files: