Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP: Relay needed: Hershey (Robesonia PA) South to TN, KY, W VA, VA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jun 2, 2013.

1. I've bought a rusty, crusty 34 front axle assy from 1oldrat in Robesonia, PA.
    It's the axle, spring, 'bones, spindles, and all together. Too rusty to separate.

Anybody headed to Hershey from KY, TN, VA, who wouldn't mind hauling it back for me?

THANKS!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. Anybody headed South?

3. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Cosmo49 is headed up to ny from va.. He just posted a bit ago.. Check it out, never know..he might be able to help on the flip - flop

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. Thanks, 32Gnu

5. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

I wish I could help unfortunately but will be in my big plane to BG

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. Once more....anybody? $50 for gas?

7. BTTT thanks!

8. Flop

Flop

ill be headed to nashville sometime this summer but i dont know how much of a rush you are in . plus the axle would then have to get to pittsburgh .

9. Thanks!
    I'll see if I can make that work.
    Would like to meet a metal working icon, and talk to you about doing some work.

Anybody going Robesonia to Pittsburgh?

10. Still need this relay.

Robesonia, PA to Flop in Pittsburgh, or Zach in Grantville or South to East TN.

THANKS!

11. Flop

Flop

have a customer dropping off a roadster from TN june 29th . so if you can get it here by then that would be perfect!

12. Thanks, maybe I'll get lucky.

Anybody headed to P'burgh from Robesonia area?

13. Thanks, Dave. I'll add it to possibilities. It's 270 miles down to you..
    BTTT

ROBESONIA PA TO: Pittsburgh, or Grantville, or Richmond, or South in to WV, VA, KY, TN

Thanks!

14. Bttt

anybody?

15. BTTT, PLEASE.

Still need help.

Thanks!

16. Flop

Flop

customer coming from TN on the weekend if you can get it here before then .

17. Thanks, flop, but no offers.

Maybe a haul in a couple of weeks.

BTTT

18. Flop

Flop

headed to philly in a few weeks ... also have a customer from jersey running 76 soon

19. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Have him blow it apart and box it up. Call ups and tell em you want it picked up at his house and ship it COD on delivery. Then you just pay the ups guy.. Easy. I do it all the time

20. Can't take it apart; rusted. Still need a relay.

BTTT

21. This relay is just about a straight shot up/down I-81, part is near Reading, it's going around 30 miles SW of Kingsport TN. Google Maps thinks it's 533 miles and 8 hours drive.

Which means if you can pull 20 MPG with say a small pickup, it will cost you a tad over $200 to just go get it yourself, plus probably one night in a hotel and do it in two days, although you could probably bonzai run it in one day. I've been up and down that stretch of I-81 and it's not a bad drive. And it would probably cost as much or more to put it on a pallet and truck freight it that distance.

What it looks to me like, frankly, is an excuse to go to one of the Carlisle or Hershey swaps and load the bed of the truck full to come back.

A buddy of mine said something about making this run, I'll throw it by him and see if he's interested.

22. That's correct; calculated the same for me.

Trying to keep it from costing more than it's worth. Thought that I would have it by now, or at least part way.

Thanks for any assistance.

23. BTTT........(sigh)

Anybody headed South or over to Pittsburgh?

24. Help still needed. Thanks!

25. Yes, still need a haul.

BTTT, por favor.

26. NOBODY headed out of PA?

27. HELP! Still trying to get this junk to TN.

BTTT

28. Anybody going to Hershey from TN, VA, KY, NC etc?