Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help please 58 chevy car owners...easy request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by I Drag, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I Drag

I Drag

Can someone with a 58 chevy car please help me? My rear wheelwells need to be fixed. I need someone to trace the body outline curve of the rear wheel opening, down to the rockers, on a piece of paper and mail it to me. I will use this to reform the correct wheel openings.

Thats it. A million thanks in advance. I will PM my address.

JK

2. I don't have a '58 but has someone helped you out?

I think that scarliner has a '58 unless he has peddled it. maybe drop him or choprods (his brother) a note.

3. Doesn't someone make a patch panel for this area? I suppose that could go either way since it would be a one year only part.

4. Impala and belaire are different as well, I believe.

5. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Google for quarter panels, They were available and most probably still are.
    Bob's Impalas, Sinclair Impala, Year One, Mill Supply, and others may be sources for you, unless You just want to form them your self.

6. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

I just did a quick check and found that both front of wheel, and rear of wheel quarter patch panels are available.

7. I Drag

I Drag

Thanks for the replies, and from some HAMB heavy-hitters as well. Yeah actually I was just going to form up some myself, and I wanted to get the curve correct. I have some 1/4" steel rod I have bent up, but it looks a little off towards the front.

Yeah Pork, much of the Impala is different from the cowl back, but I'll go with whatever I can get on this.

Also thanks for the member leads, I'll try The Dude and Brandy as well if no-one else responds.

8. Squablow

Squablow

I've done what you're doing by working around a pair of fender skirts, it assures that the opening is the correct shape and length, sometimes that's better than repair panels, although you'd need to at least borrow a set of skirts to do it.

9. FETT

FETT

did you get what you needed i have a 58 ??