Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Pick a Carpet Color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ravedodger, May 20, 2014.

1. ravedodger

ravedodger

This is my mother's 53. The color of the paint in the pics is pretty accurate; a really cool turquoise. The existing carpet isn't working at all, looking like a green/blue-not-turquoise color. The rest of the upholstery is vinyl turquoise and white with a white steering wheel and turquoise dash with nice white pinstriping.

Now here's the dilemma. She's insisting on black carpet. Pops, and I have been trying to talk her into something to match the car more, but she isn't budging. So I'm turning to you guys to help change her mind. This weekend, I'll show her this thread. Ideas and/or color swatches are welcome. Sorry, I don't have many pics.

1400645148362.jpg

1400645211776.jpg

1400645252294.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. banginona40

banginona40

Not too fond of turquoise, black might work but
    I'm thinking a medium to dark gray.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    ravedodger likes this.
  3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Whose car is it again??

4. If mama aint happy then nobodys happy better make it black!!

5. Exactly. ^^^^^^

I hate to say it but if I couldn't find a color that would match the paint I would go with black myself. Of course white is always an option with turquoise floor mats. but end of the day its mom's car isn't it.

6. I couldn't have said it better,if it is indeed her car do it like she wants it. HRP

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, wife handles the interior selection. This ain't your battle, son.

8. If it aint black youll hear about it for along time jus sayin!

9. Is the carpet in good enough shape to dye it black? By the way, whose car did you say it was? If you have the right to tell her the carpet color she has the right to insist that you paint your car pink.

Charlie Stephens

10. When I couldn't decide on a color match, I went with black carpet and like it better than I thought I would. I agree with her......black.

11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Beautiful 53 Chevy and as far as the carpet:
    #1: Mom is always right!
    #2: When mom is wrong, see rule #1

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    40fordtudor likes this.
  12. Black would be a safe pick with this combo-if you want to jaz it up a bit-have your carpet bound in white vinyl around the steering column,pedals,etc to match the seats(including the edges of the floormats)

13. If it were mine, I would try to match the paint. I had black carpet in my truck at one time and it showed every little speck of dirt. I won't do it again. But, it isn't mine, it's mom's, so I would give her what she wants.

Nice lookin car BTW!

14. ravedodger

ravedodger

I thought this thread died. So much for reply notifications!

So she changed her mind and is going with turquoise. I'm glad I didn't mention this thread to her, she would have stayed with the black carpet idea and gone with pink paint!

I think it goes in tomorrow. I'll post pics the next time I go visit.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Great thread !:rolleyes:

ravedodger likes this.