Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help our local Metal Shop, Car Show May 7th 2007 Vacaville, California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead_brent, Dec 18, 2006.

1. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Well, this is the 2nd annual Highschool Metal Shop Show...

I worked hard last year to raise money to keep our doors open one more year, and well I am working just as hard to keep them open again, The Shop is in Vacaville, California and has been one of the best metal shops around, I learned alot from this class and they cut the budget back more and more every year!

I am doing this show as a benefit to raise money to buy some new machinery and keep the doors open for the 2007/2008 Classes, if we make enough money they let the shop keep rolling, but everything is on us.

Thanks to some Local Business we have got donations to get "1/4 Mile Combo," "The Pendletons," and "77 El Deora" to play again, so music all day plus awesome raffles!

This years show will be held on a Sunday, May 7th in 2007...it should be a fun time and it will be a couple weeks before Paso...

I am looking for people who are willing to donate some things to the raffle, maybe help out with flyer printing, getting some cool shirts made to sell at the show, or just anyone with a good idea for something with the show, only a couple of us are working really hard and our Budget is short to get things done.

Last year we had a huge art raffle and all the peices were donated from people of the HAMB and other sites, and it was too cool for words. So if any artists would like to donate a peice get in touch with me that would be awesome!

And Last years HAMB Donations totaled about $500 in my paypal account.

If you would like to donate something small to help get this show a success my Payapal is under "[email protected]"

I would also like to thank the guys and gals that came out last year from the Swanx and Road Devils because they brought some cool cars and people enjoyed seeing them...

Here is a link to some of last years threads on it and a flyer for this coming show!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105919
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104547

plus we will have one screamin' BBQ going!!

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    ANY Info, comments, ideas, anything please let me know, I have only done a couple small shows and I want this one to be cool!!

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

looks like you are getting a nice jump on this...

3. Guider

Guider

Bttt

Looks like a worthy cause, plus it's close to home.

Guider

4. lownrusty

lownrusty

Have the teacher get ahold of me for the metal needed for this years classes. Paul 800-400-8003 borrmannsteel.com

5. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Thanks Guys, I will have him give you a call, they just went on break for christmas, so they will be back in shop around January 8th.

6. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

BTT

I know it is a ways a way, but I like to get a head start!!!

7. Good luck with it this year Brent, I'm good for some prints for the raffle, remind me a little nearer the time.

8. Turbo442

Turbo442

ttt....
    this still on?

9. floorjacks50

floorjacks50
    from napa

Cool show, I didn't attend last year, but from what I heard there were a lot more cars this time round. Only got 11 pics before I realized batteries were dead though. So here they be...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

Awesome show, put on by great people. I'd highly recommend it, and it's for a great cause. It had an impressive turnout for a small show, and most of the kids drove in, which was nice to see. In case anyone is curious, the 56 olds, the 'Batmobile', is an original custom from '58 built in Vallejo. The owner watched it get built when he was in junior high school, and then found it in 64 when he got out of the military, and has been driving it ever since. The car still has the same lacquer paint from ‘58; nothing has really changed since then. The car is one of the original Swanx cars from Vallejo, and used to tow a T-bucket dragster in the late 50's and early 60's. It's probably my favorite car out there, and yes, it's a four-door.

Here's my pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

MORE:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one's T-Bonez, from Livermore, striping on the Ranchero. The owner of this car wasn't at the show...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

even more:
    The Batmobile!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

14. seventeenseconds

seventeenseconds

More of the Batmobile, like I said I love this car:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More of T-Bonez:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Better shot of the car:
    [​IMG]

15. Square One

Square One

That's our 58 biscayne.

16. Square One

Square One

does anybody have anymore pictures from this event?

17. Thanks for posting the pics,cool looking show.