Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help needed with science fair project! Do you have leftover automotive insulation?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burger, Nov 17, 2015.

1. burger

burger

My daughter and I need samples of automotive insulation for her science fair project. We plan to test various types of insulation to determine which ones are most effective for sound deadening and minimizing heat transfer. I will gladly repay anyone for postage!

Thanks!
    Ed

2. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

what ,no junkyards in your area?

3. burger

burger

Thanks for the reply! We already have some factory jute insulation. I probably should have been more specific that we are looking for aftermarket types like Dynamat, Hushmat, etc.

Thanks again,
    Ed

4. There's alot of info on using "peel and seal" from the roofing department instead of dyna or hush mat. Make sure you include that in your study.

5. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Stop by the car audio install places in your area to see if they will donate a little scrap of whatever they sell, even Best Buy and the window tint places might have something.

6. mike54

mike54
    from California

If there's any custom car builders in your area you could pay them a visit. I'd really like to see the results of your comparison. I'd like to see how products like dynomat and hushmat compare to lizard skin etc.