Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Needed With Paint Codes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Garry Carter, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Ford made a couple of colors in 1940 that I especially like -- Mandarin Maroon and Cloud Mist Gray. Unfortunately, neither I nor my paint store can find the color codes for them.
    The autocolorlibrary displays them, but the codes shown don't cross-reference to any manufacturer I can find.

Anybody out there that just happens to have those two codes? If so, would you share it??

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Check with Hibernia .He has colors Also I believe ditzler was the brand back then which is now ppg .Dont quote me on that ,

3. Cloudmist gray-Ditzler #30027
    Mandarin Maroon-Ditzler #50035

Since Ditzler is now PPG, a good PPG paint store should be able to mix these. The original formulas were for laquer and alkyd enamel. If you want modern paint they will probably have to mix offset colors(convert the formula). A GOOD paint guy can do this. Some of these old numbers still work....I recently had a '34 Ford color (red) mixed in DCC.