Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help needed in Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Apr 6, 2011.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Well i hope this doesn't upset anyone and if Ryan deems it not appropriate i'll understand when it is deleted.
    Here is the story as breifly as i can manage. my little brother has been attending MMI in Phoenix. he was supposed to be done later this year. well the night before last he was in a pretty bad accident on his motorcycle. he has a broken wrist, some severaly broken fingers on his other hand and his right leg is badly torn up on top of the concussion he suffered. he doesn't know a ton of people out there and mom is on her way right now to take care of him untill he is able to take care of himself.
    well here is where i need the help. i already had my brother looking for an old truck for me. the plan was he would have it to drive and when he was done with school and moved home he would use it to bring his stuff with him. well now mom will be down there for what we figure will be a month at the minimum. she is going to need something to get around in while she is there and a rental car for that period of time can get quite pricey. so needless to say the search has become more urgent.
    what i need is something mechanicaly sound with a solid body. i don't care about the paint. i was looking for a 64 or older Ford or Chevy but i might go a bit newer, even into the late 70s.
    what i'd be willing to pay depends on what i can find. i'm not looking for a $15 or $20 thousand dollar vehicle though.
    i've searched the local Craigslist and nothing has really grabbed me. i'm hoping someone out there on the HAMB will know of something and can help point me in the right direction. i just want to try and help alleviate some of the financial strain this whole unfortunate event will no doubt put on my mother and my little brother and kill 2 (or 3 really) birds with one stone.
    again, i know this would be better in the WTB ads and i'm sorry, but this is a bit of a despirate situation and i've had no luck there... i can be reached via email or PM.
    thanks everyone for your help and understanding.

-Mike

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll certainly keep my eyes open!

3. Hope your brother heals up quickly.

4. Hope your brother gets well soon.

You might try El caminos, seems to be a lot of those out here in the SW.

Maybe give Elpolacko a pm , he's in the Phoenix area.

5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Did you see the 1949 Ford F-1 on craigslist for $6800 it is clean looking and power steering is a plus on an older truck.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I cant help you from where im at, But, I will extend my prayers that his recovery goes well, and things get back on track for you

7. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

Mike: Hope your bro recovers quickly, and BTW I posted this over on the slick60's site (for 61-66 ford trucks), so maybe you will get some action, as there are few member out that way:)

Cheers!
    James

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I wish you the very best for your brother and a rapid recovery .
    Since you are looking for something very nice you might start looking at the local car/truck shows as well . With the economy not so good you might be able to find something very nice .
    Good Luck !

Retro Jim