Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help needed - 4 cyl. engines w/ glasspacks/Turbos/Flowmasters.... -Need Hearing-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bonez, Mar 4, 2011.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I know theres quite some people runnin old bagers or pinto engines in their rods, so please step up and help a fellow motorhead.

Last week i was pulled by the police (i live in italy) and i was given a list of all things i need to change on my car, 1st of which was muffle the exhaust.
    If i dont do it the next time this cop will see me he said hes gonna inpound the car, so im on a mission to find a good soundin muffler for the job.

My previous set up consisted of a small "standard" 3"x10" silencer next to the transmission and then 2 motorcycle cocktail shaker mufflers on the two ends. It sounded nice, and i was very happy w/ it, but unfortunateley it has to go.
    B4 i order the wrong mufflers i'd like to hear'em. I did a U Tube search but didnt find anything specific.
    So, id love if all of you 4 cyl. guys could help me out.
    I'd love glass packs, bu t i fear they wont make much diffrence, i think Trush Turbos could be an option, but never heard'em on 4s.
    Thanx.

2. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

Bonez about any turbo muffler should muffle it you aren't putting out much volume with the banger.

What you may try is a single super trap muffler. They are adjustable for sound from a low hiss to a rumble just by adding or removing discs.

It sounds to me like there isn't much you can do to satisfy the police officer anyway. But the supertrap is what I would try.

3. young'n'poor

young'n'poor

Sorry I don't have a video of it, but there is a local T bucket with a 2.3 ford 4 cylinder that has a thrush turbo muffler that is pretty quiet but sounds nice on acceleration. Too quiet for my tastes but johnny law would probably back off...

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yep, not much will satisfy the bastard/s, and im gonna get a ticket anyway cuz im not gonna get back to stock.
    But at least im not goin to have the car inpunded which is whats goin to happen if i keep the current set up.

On the supertrapp, yeah its on the options too, but i wanna run pencil style tips really, and from what ive seen the supertrapp goes on the tip of the exhaust.
    If i could keep the cocktail shakers it would be perfect, but theyre mounted like Bellflower tips and its what got me noticed in the 1st place.
    Italy's regulations suck!

Thanx guys, hope someone wil post a vid.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

As Porknbeaner says, put a turbo muffler on it.