Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Needed--29 tudor body to subframe question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duncrd, Aug 27, 2012.

1. duncrd

duncrd

I recently ended up with a 29 tudor sedan. Body is completely dissassembled. Bottoms gone from behind doors back.Cowl and doors are good, will still need a little work. Back panel has only the ends left. I have the rear seat riser and a good sub frame. The problem is I have no idea how all the body originally mounted to the subframe. any advice would be great. I am not sure of the direction this project will go, but I know that I need to assemble all of these body parts and get squared up before adding patches. any pictures of the mounts to sub frame or any reference material to look for would be great help.
    Thanks,
    duncrd

2. Go to the Model A forum over at our sister site, the FordBarn. More Model A guys than you can shake a stick at, and very helpful. I have had similar questions in the past, and been inundated with pics of the problem areas.

3. Rich B.

Rich B.
    Member Emeritus
    from Portage,IN

4. duncrd

duncrd

Thanks guys.. I will check it out.

5. lionsgarage

lionsgarage
    from Washington

Having recently completed same vehicle sans wood I can say replacing the wood with steel tubing, opening up the nail holes and plug welding the panels on made the car not only easy to build but super ridgid.