Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP! Need window crank extensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Loppy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Loppy

Loppy

Need two 1/2" to 1" window crank extensions to clear my custom door panel upholstery. Anyone in HAMBland have, or know where to get them? My quick search shows RV window crank extensions. But can't confirm spline match. Checked the local RV and trailer shops with no luck. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Just cut the shaft into and add the amount you need. Have done several this way.

3. Loppy

Loppy

Thought of that too. That'll be last resort. Thanks.

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

JC Whitney sold them years ago.

5. Loppy

Loppy

The local RV shop had some 1/2" long, but they're for RV windows not for cars. The splines and diameter are different. Hmmmm, can you say business opportunity.

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

They used to be available from the conversion van companys. I have one left, thought about reproducing them but there`s always the cost factor. I even have an idea for the square shafts that are found on Model A`s. I even made a proto-type. Works prettygood.

7. Loppy

Loppy

Slight update. My upholster had a bunch of old handle's from electric window upgrade jobs he's done. A '67 GTO convertible handle clears because the angle of it is greater, and the length of the female spline hole is longer than the stock '55 Belair's. This is just a temporary fix. Looks like I'm going to fabricate some extensions.