Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Help! Need some info on the Coachmen CC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornbinder, Jan 27, 2009.

1. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

I need your help! I keep going back to view the video in Ryan's editorial on The Coachman Show of the early 50's and I would like to learn more about the Coachmen CC of Norwalk, CA. The reason behind this is my uncle. One of his jobs as a young man, and one that I'm sure he dearly loved, was to baby sit his young, snotty nosed nephew, that'd be me. Among other things, he would drive me around in his hot rod and we would even go watch the drags at the Santa Ana drag strip. At that time he lived in Norwalk and he may have known some of the members of the club or their cars. What I'd like to do is put together a CD/DVD with video and pictures showing as much of the cars and members that I can so he can watch it and, maybe, rekindle some good old memories. So far I have taken notes of the information posted in the comments on the Coachmen thread. What I'm asking for is any more information, pictures or more video that involved the Coachmen or their shows of the early 50's that I could use for this project. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Mike

2. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA