Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP! ! N.Carolina vehicle/safety inspection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Nov 25, 2008.

1. I need some help here. Does anyone know anyone that owns an inspection station in the far west part of N.Carolina?? My sons truck is coming dues for its inspection at the end of this month & it looks like I'm going on a road trip. I'd like to go to someone's shop that one of you folks know so I know that I won't be screwed with.
    If anyone knows someone PLEASE let me know...thanks, joe

2. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

What year is the truck? 35 years old and older don't need any inspection. Sorry I can't help with a location in Western NC.

3. New enough to have to be inspected :( ...joe

4. Well after reading everything on the NC DMV website & figuring up what it is going to cost to fix eveything it needed, windshield, tires & alignment & to make the trip($700+). I decided to call it quits & I emailed the kid telling him I'm licensing it here in Illinois which will cost about $180. But I also told him it will cost less then that to relicense it in NC when he gets back home. Doing it this way will not only save me lots of time but also save me from making a 2day trip. So I'm calling his bank & telling them to mail me the title today....thanks..joe