Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help my whitewalls are rusting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THR1LL3R, Oct 11, 2013.

1. A Rodder

A Rodder

Try sos pads, they work really well.

Also I got some generic cleaner from the "pro" brand of chemicals and use a brass brissled brush and that works amazingly well,

When I got my '64 back the previous owner stacked the white walls on top of each other and the black rings would not come off the tires until I used the brass scrub brush.

.......and, I know I don't know how to spell "brissled".....

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Are these in fact metal particles embedded in the rubber? Tried to pick at them?

3. Model T1

Model T1

NO! Don't! Didn't yo momma teach you nuthin. Don't pick it. It will never git better.

Now to weight fer the grammer police. :rolleyes:

4. Christom

Christom

This has got to be the most fun thread I've read for a while.

Seriously now...
    I run narrow white stripe tires on my old impala and WWWs on the '56 - they all discolour to a yellowish shade and get funny spots etc (tar & who knows what) and I use a fine abrasive household cleaner such as Ajax or Jiff (if you can get those produces there) and a very fine 3M hand scour pad and that works great. Rinse well with lotsa water. Only don't get the white goop on the black part of the tire if you can help it as you will probably need to use tire-black to get rid of the white stains. I find a spray of that silicone based tire "wet look" protects against future marking somewhat - but you have to re-spray regularly to stop that fading out too.
    Plain ol' black wall tires so much less maintenance!

5. I have good luck cleaning mine with Mr. Clean magic eraser and spray shout laundry soap. Cleans them up real good, and got rid of some similar spots I had on my WWs.