Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!!! My lakster headers burned the paint....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBYBMR, Sep 28, 2007.

1. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">.right off the cowl and doors of my model A! They're gettin' red hot!

I realize I may have an issue with it running too lean (Tri-power from Vintage), but, I see this type of header being used on lots of cars and didn't find any reference to this particular problem in the search forum.

Thanks for any help.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

Check your timing. Too little will cause them to run real hot out the exhaust.....

3. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

It wants to run around 12* advanced ( at idle ). Shouldn't be too little should it?

4. hellbound gasser

hellbound gasser

I like to run mine a little higher than that....but that should be fine, unless your advance isnt working properly and you arent getting enough advance up in the rpms....