Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Help me paint my Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hans mercman, Sep 29, 2015.

1. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

hmmm i just dont know. if only i could go no mirrors

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Looks great with the emblems and handles off, would look even better without the hood ornament. Realistically you don't need a mirror on the passenger side either, it's useless. Smoooooooth

3. Dude, look no further than this... image.jpeg

But shave all the emblems first!

4. indyjps

indyjps

After seeing all the colors photoshopped, I really like a deep red on this car.

Going to bare metal or not, you really can't tell until you start sanding, you need to see what's under the current paint and decide if you trust the primer that on there. If the cars been repainted before there may be multiple layers.

Your painter will advise or insist on bare metal, they don't want to shoot over unknown paint and have it come back due to poor adhesion. If youre doing it yourself, it's a judgement call, get it all sanded and blocked and use a good sealer coat to isolate the new from old work.

low budget likes this.
  5. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

Yeah, this one has definitely become what i aspire it to to be. And i'm growing more comfortable with less emblems.

6. hans mercman

hans mercman
    from Texas

life and baby slowed this project down. Finished dropping the front about 3", getting ready for the back. I haven't been satisfied with any side mirrors I've seen, until i came across this! anyone know where i can get these? mild custom merc.JPG
    Also if anyone has more info on this car..i love it.