Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me ID this wheel please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Shane, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Big Shane

Big Shane
    from Pearl, MS

I picked up this wheel for free and was told it came off of some farm equipment. I have no idea what it is but would like to use it on an upcoming project for the rear wheels. Problem is, I only have one. The only markings I can find on it are "Made In USA by Motor Wheel". Its measurements are: 20" diameter, 5 1/2" rim width, the hole for the hub is 4 1/2" diameter and lug holes skipping one hole is 5 1/4".
    So I need to find another one or where could I find two wheels similar to this?

Attached Files:

2. TERPU

TERPU

Try a John Deere tractor supply or dealer. What color was it before somebody painted it? This will help identify what it came off of as well. Greene is either JD or Oliver, Yellow as well for John Deere. Orange can be Allis Chalmers, and red or silver is typically Farmall. But if it is a generic implement wheel it could be any color. Good luck in your search, try a vintage tractor salvage yard as well. There are a few in the four corners area in N. Texas.

Tim

3. Big Shane

Big Shane
    from Pearl, MS

It was pretty much surface rust all over before I stripped it, so I dont know what color it was. I didnt know that about the colors except john deere green.