Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me ID this ex Fiat drag car body I found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sparky13, Dec 11, 2011.

1. remember it from Fremont
    nice find

2. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Wow! Love old drag cars and history! Awesome find!

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I remember that car from the extensive magazine coverage during that era. It was a beautiful car and appeared to be among the best detailed/finished car at that time. I think a restoration is the only way to do this one. You've already got lot's of support having access to on of the origonal owners and it appears the ability to duplicate anything your missing isn't a big stretch. Either way bring us along for the ride.........this one WILL be fun.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. @Sparky13 - It's "tomorrow night" :D

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  5. 61TBird

61TBird

More pics!!!!

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Church Key

Church Key

Any updates...photos...

8. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Must have been this years no.1 christmas present:D!

...subscribed..

Taildragger&fenderless

9. Sparky13

Sparky13

Ok , The holidays finally passed. So i brought it outside and sprayed some oil on it. Low and behold some goodies came out in the car. First the top of the door says "Joe Davis", then second the door jamb shows purple metal flake again , then third on the door you can see " Automotive Engineering" from when it had Ansen has a sponsor and the last thing you can see now is on the back window it says " Dos Palmas" the machine shop.
    Enjoy and let me know if anybodys gots more pictures , video or knows the last info on Colt 45. Looking for that car to find the orginal frame and engine.

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      496.9 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      440.6 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      414.3 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      412.1 KB
      Views:
    • 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      422.6 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      469.4 KB
      Views:
    • 031.jpg
      031.jpg
      File size:
      442.1 KB
      Views:
    • 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      437.2 KB
      Views:
    • 038.jpg
      038.jpg
      File size:
      476.9 KB
      Views:
    • 041.jpg
      041.jpg
      File size:
      422.8 KB
      Views:
    kidcampbell71, bowie and HEMI32 like this.
  10. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Very cool, good luck!!

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

awesome,let the fun begin

12. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Looks good. Any luck finding the parts you are looking for?

13. man every time i pull this thread up it makes me envious!!!!!!!!!!!!!i'ld love to find out a lil bit of the history of mine........had racer brown cam logo painted on the right side of the side/roof behind the door...was a lite blue/silvery paint.......they had cut out the center of the grille, probably for cooling, and the hood had been cut even with the louvered section front and rear and probably not run when raced....center seat setup and just the very center of the spare tire area , 4" round hole, cut out probably for the chute?????????

never thought about spraying oil on it to hightlight the other painted names, sponsers ect.....had 3 or 4 on each side in the same area the racer brown cam logo was painted....all painted on except for a bell helmet sticker....pic with it sitting on the now gone model a axel.....

Lil Beast day 1.jpg

drop me a line if ya are having a hard time find peices,,,been there done that;)

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Emamel reducer works to pull out lettering too. Great to see these cars coming back to life.

15. good to remember...problem is i stripped the outside of the body to bare metal 3+ years ago.:(

16. Oldhenry1

Oldhenry1

Some guys have all the luck, I am green with envy but damn happy for you. The Fiat is one of my all time favorites. A guy at our track bought
    the ex-Burkhalter Bros Fiat, restored it and promply barrel rolled it on his license passes. I almost cried.

17. WDobos

WDobos

PM me, I have a steel nose piece and repop a steel spare tire cover for the Fiat Topolino

18. DAM! What a cool find & the best christmas you have had to ever had. This is so cool to read all the info the guys on the HAMB have posted on it. Saw it run in Tulsa at the Nats. One killer car.

19. hey Wayne, i been waiting to see you chime in here:D......:D...........i started to post to contact ya here , but figured that if i didn't, you'ld pop up!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

hows your topolino doing these days???...been awhile since i saw ya and picked up my roof:p........working on the floors in mine...finally:eek:

keeping on topic, i figured if ya hadn't found them yet, Mr Fiat sells rockers and the lower rear tail section.....plus a few other stock peices...IE floor tin....it's all pretty pricey, but hey ya got yourself an import, :cool::cool::cool:

20. WDobos

WDobos

I'm just getting going on it again. Was working on the trailer to pull behind it a little. Just retired,so will have lots of time now to get it finnished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. i can relate to getting back to em.....post some pics up...it is a radical lil topolino....all us topo guys like seeing topo inspiration..........

22. jimbob

jimbob

23. WDobos

WDobos

Sparky,
    Here's a picture I took of an actual photo that I have of your car. If you would like me to scan it and send it to you please let me know.

Attached Files:

24. sololobo

sololobo

This car is awesome, I remember seeing it in zines years ago. I was so into cool pit uniforms and the purple shirts and white pants were so cool. The pit crews in todays high dollar racing wear some great stuff, but the 50's and 60's crew in whites and chain stiched logos were ultimate hip. Best of luck with the historic gem, so cool how quick the H.A.M.B. crew I.D force matched this topo up. Could it be any cooler? ~sololobo~

25. What year was this taken?

Attached Files:

• fiat.jpg
      fiat.jpg
      File size:
      105.2 KB
      Views:
  26. WDobos

WDobos

I don't know,I bought this picture from a man who sells them at swap meets. I'll have to check this spring at Canfield swap meet.

27. Sparky13

Sparky13

Hell ya , I would like to have that picture .

28. Mighty mighty hamb!!:d

29. Making some progress? Killer find.

30. biscaynes

biscaynes