Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me ID some drums?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by e-tek, Apr 1, 2013.

1. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

I was cleaning up the drums I got with my 32 front end and they are slightly different - one having an extra lip inside. If one of you parts-pro's knows why they are different and from what years they are by the photo's below I'd be grateful. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

3. Soviet

Soviet

"Rocky Mountain" brakes.

4. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

I'd heard that in my other thread - but I'm more interested in the slight difference in shape and that extra ridge here. Maybe I won't be able to figure it out until it goes back together.

5. I am not sure that this is the answer but you might follow it up. If I remember correctly the drums fit 1932-'34 but the '32 drums were different to a restorer. This would be a good post for the V8 section of fordbarn.com.

Charlie Stephens

6. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Thanks - I'll try that.

7. alchemy

alchemy

How about just "brakes"? Rocky Mountain brakes were on T's and were additional to the brake in the transmission. All 32-34 Fords had drums similar to those pictured, and they were just "brakes".

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Most likely just a difference done as a running change during the production year rather than a "special" use thing. Ford changed the configurations and appearance of parts during production runs as cheaper or safer or better specs were devised by their engineers and feedback from the dealers came in to the factory system.

9. Carter

Carter

Also, Ford seemed to change suppliers of some parts regularly.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app