Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Help Me I.D. This Hood Tire Sign! OT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart36, Dec 5, 2011.

1. I know the Hood tire signs (cut-outs) are rare, but I think I may have come across one that's even a little more rare. I realize the pic isn't great, but I think it will work for ID.

I know the sign is 1939 or better, because the figure has the bow tie, instituted in 1939 by Hood.

I got the sign along with some others from a family that owned a local gas station since 1930, (now closed).

The sign is 6'4" tall, made by a sign co. in St.Louis, and wood framed back like a lot of the time.

Also notice that the figure has blue pants rather then the typical white pants in most of the other signs.

Any help would be much apprieciated.
    [​IMG]

2. Bump for this mornings crowd.

Having trouble finding this one guys. It's dated either 41 or 42, hard to read.

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

It sure is an awesome sign. I've never seen that one before. It sounds like you know more about it than anyone. All I know is it's worth more than I make in a month! :D What's that big porcelain sign to the left, the one with no lettering?