Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help me find a thieving, no good, dirty bastard from Australia...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuces

Deuces

It's possible....
    For all we know, he might be a lurker. I was one for about a year before I signed on...:oops::rolleyes:

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Australia was a penal colony until it got over run by Kiwi's.
    Can a HAMB member use this for non commercial reasons, like as a door logo???
    Looks neat no wonder it got borrowed.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the product is produced and sold by The Hamb and you purchase it from the Hamb you can stick it wherever you want BUT if you purchase unauthorized reproduced Hamb products you are as guilty as the one reproducing it illegally I believe Albiet the fellow above did so with intentions of notifying someone to take action to stop the flow so to speak.

These are ethical things we face everyday. It is illegal to copy and sell copyrighted and registered products without permission period. I believe it is also illegal to purchase illegally produced goods. Overall it is just a bad situation.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Saxman, czuch and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes the Aussie took a direct copy of the kiwi manifolds changed sweet fanny Adams ,even had the Gaul to call them a kiwi speed icons name "Munro" then sells them as his own.
    What HAMBer would purchase a stolen sticker to proudly advertise the HAMB knowing its a copy right logo. Any HAMBer surely knows swag can only be purchased from the boss himself.
    Come on join the alliance . Nothing in this life is free( except stolen stickers) $50 is chump change for what you get every day from this forum.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    C69A, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  5. hotcargo

hotcargo

Nah , havnt seen these stickers in my neck of the woods on the mid north east coast of Australia , by the way , did the Facebooker have to get permission off Ryan to use the Facebook Hamb site

6. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

For what it's worth not all Australia was settled by and for the sole purpose of a Penal Colony, one state South Australia was set up as a company and all settlers were free.

In relation to the Trade Mark, you should be a little pissed, and lets say the guy printed 20 of these on his home computer and sold them for $ 5.00 each, legal action would be a waste of time and effort, I feel your efforts on the forum would be your best bet to try and stop this sort of infringement.
    You are just lucky the Chinese haven't copied it, you would get no support even from your Government in trying to stop them.

Good luck with your hunt, I haven't noticed any down our way, but I don't go to swap meets to look for stickers.

7. Deuces

Deuces

I lived in NSW near Port Kembla Beach when I was a kid.. ;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

In the copied image HAMB you can clearly see it has a TM. (Trade Mark). What I would like so we help Ryan is if any one sees these images used not to jump up and down with the seller but politely get the contact details to forward to Ryan. So far I know this fellow is new to this sort of thing and he is making his own stickers to sell and (sadly) he has used many different logos from many different companies. Golden Fleece, Coke, Texaco etc. My issue here is the HAMB logo is in the image has been trade marked by Ryan as his business. I am in the process of finding out more about the fellow that has done this and I intend to pass on all the information as soon as I can.

9. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

By the way that image is taken on my office floor. [​IMG]

LOST ANGEL and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. spanners

spanners

We don't 'quake in our shorts'. We 'quake in our Stubbys'. They're the ones the tradies used to wear that showed off their bum-crap when they bent over. Personally I'm proud to come from convict stock and not from the stuck up aristocratic numb-nuts that sent the convicts here.
    I hope you find out what's going on with the images but I bet they will just say "I didn't think there'd be a problem". Stick it up 'em when you find them.

11. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I'm starting to get a bad feeling that my $100 Rolex isn't real.

wingman9, 29bowtie, kiwijeff and 11 others like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a huge problem not meaning to alarm just stating what I believe are things to consider. My facts surely are only part of what is a hugely complex subject. On the buyer side of things is the claim that one did not know it was a knockoff I suppose if there ever was a conviction.

13. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I can trace my heritage back to the 1st Fleet as well and the crimes they got hung or sent to the penal colony in Australia would just get a slap on the wrist for in this modern era.

Even so I found the image and can see it was stolen and would like to pass on all the correct information so Ryan can deal with as he sees fit.

14. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Stick em up!
    Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

czuch and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I hate to see people generalized. I’ve always judged each one on their motives and actions. Please stop this now. It really gives us a bad reputation.
    This opinion is not regarding the dirtbag seller.
    Reminds me of someone just this week talking about asshole countries.

Texas57, flatford39, Kume and 10 others like this.
  16. models916

models916

17. GeeRam

GeeRam

:D:D:D:D:D

18. GeeRam

GeeRam

George III actually ;)

19. Deuces

Deuces

Queen Elizabeth is only 90 years young.....:rolleyes:
    Damn, I hope I get to live that long....

20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It's good news that he's knocking off stuff from big companies such as Coca Cola, etc. Those major corporations have entire floors of investigators and sharks dedicated to guarding their marketing interests, Trade Marks, world wide. I hope he's knocking off Disney products because they're one of the most diligent. Maybe if their legal teams get info on his doings, he'll decide to enter another line of (legit) business.
    Go back to his booth and hit video record on your cell and place it in your shirt pocket. Then take all the brand info and forward it to Ryan. Once the big dogs get info he's stealing their likeness, they'll rain down their legal dept. on him and he'll dry up.

I had a friend that worked for a popular Socal surf wear clothing company in the 90's. His full time job was to "shop" for their brand in stores, garage sales, flea markets, etc. for counterfeit knock offs. I used to see him at the local swap meet closely looking at tags, quality, etc. In a heartbeat, he'd know if it was legit stuff. If he found knock offs, he'd get all their info then turn it over to their legal folks. Sometimes he'd make "deals" to buy large quantities, then set up a sting purchase with law enforcement. Ha ha.

21. Recording a conversation is illegal in some instances. Check your laws. In overlib SoCal, it won't fly....

22. 38 states are single party consent, the remaining are "all party consent" to make it "legal" aka admissible for use in a court proceedings.

Federal law and most state laws make it illegal to disclose the contents of an illegally intercepted call or communication. Some states have laws against criminal or tortuous purpose use of recordings, regardless of consent.

Basically Record what you want but ,,,, for yourself,

Irish Mike and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, and she was a mechanic and military truck driver in WWII.

24. Her mom lived to 102 so she has some good genes.

25. Mike

Mike

I hate this kind of thing, it's just so easy to do nowadays.. There have been some easily spotted bootleg Bean Bandits stickers making the swap meet rounds for years.

26. Deuces

Deuces

I got to go see her once back in '67 when I was living in Australia.... All it was, was a drive by...:(
    Oh well, at least we got out of school....:)

27. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

So in Aussie you saw the queen do a drive by.
    In the USA you don't want to see a drive by in Queens.

The Kumeu Hot Rod Nats are this weekend in NZ and there'll be trade stalls everywhere.
    I'm asking all the Kiwi Rodders [and Visitors] to keep an eye out there.

These pirates are usually nomadic

tb33anda3rd, WTF really, Zerk and 2 others like this.
  28. Sucks.

I know up here there are stuff penalties for copy right infringement

My buddy runs a jaguar shop and got fined for have the jaguar leaper logo on his sign

Knew of a guy years ago selling fake high end clothing through his store. His store was licensed to sell the legit stuff , and , well greed took over and started selling the knock off stuff “ mixed in”
    Got caught served some time, lost everything and more as fines and court costs mounted. Serves him right.

If these crooks would spend the same time looking for ways to run a legitimate business they would make the same money and not have to look over their shoulders.

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Ryan and I have had multiple emails on the topic. I have worked out how to deal with it with out any drama.

30. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Similar to all the knock-offs that come out of China. Gibson guitars that have a serial number and "Made in USA" embossed on them, Gucci purses, all the fake MSD ignition stuff, intake manifolds, and virtually all of Harbor Freight's inventory that's made to look like name brand tools; and who knows what else? It's one thing to just copy an item, another to actually use their name. I'd say as far as the decal is concerned, someone drew it up, and had it made in China; why spend any money on the equipment needed to make it when you can have someone else make it for far cheaper than you could in this, or almost any other country? Unless our "government" does something about it, things are only going to get worse. You can't even rely on the "Made in XYZ" tag any more. I am Butch/56sedandelivery/MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.