Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help make this car cool BIG CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by murfman, Sep 18, 2009.

1. murfman

murfman

The 'burban is my daughters:D She never forgets to remind me.

2. murfman

murfman

I like the roof line a LOT in this version.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

James D hit the nail on the head. there are a lot of things I really like about that car which is why I would spend the time and effort to get the chop right. The roof needs a little work to make the lines less severe, but that would make that car a deadly custom.

4. murfman

murfman

Bingo..

The 440 is actually a 505 with 12.5 to 1 slugs and ported 452 heads. An Edelbrock Performer RPM and a carb tuned for E-85 top it off. I think I'm gonna order one of those little Green Flex fuel badges for the trunklid. :D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  5. brewsir

brewsir

Thanks for the post...I just got a running driving 49 dodge (it could be this cars twin) and have been staring at it thinking it's pretty cool as-is but I cut things up....thats what I like to do...so it looks like a chop and section may be in order. Funny how a car that a kid wouldn't even drive to the high school parking lot in the 50's is suddenly "cool"

6. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Don't touch it. Just drive it like it is... I think it looks perfect, a unmolested car that you just dont see anymore....Just my .02 cents

7. murfman

murfman

Obviously the "BIG CHALLENGE" was a bit tongue in cheek, I think the car is cool as is, but we are getting bored with it, and seeing as I bought it for him, he will NEVER sell it, I imagine someday it will be my Daughters, along side the 'Burban. It is getting a lillte rough around the edges from driving and needs to be freshened anyway, so we are thinking we might as well cut it up. I'm thinking bumpers from something else would be easier than cleaning the ones that are on there.

8. brandon

brandon

slap a plate on it and go hustle some money at the local test and tune...:D

9. murfman

murfman

It has run a best of 13.90 on Corn:eek:

10. murfman

murfman

I'd actually like to see this vesion without the stone guards on the front and rear fenders, and the big chrome piece off the front fender (The one that surrounds the parking light) leaving just the grill spear, as it aligns nicely with the spears on the front and rear fenders. And maybe with skirts.

11. OLLIN

OLLIN

Nice car. It really doesnt need much its already cool.
    I like the grills on those, it does remind me of a caddy. I see a bunch of other guys already did some good photoshops, but heres mine too.

I dropped it, and chopped it. I left all the chrome etc. The only thing with those mopars is they have the wierd crown at the back of the roof that sticks out and doesnt flow.

Attached Files:

12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Some caddy sedanette quarters (that come closer to the rear of the doors) and top or no top at all (convertible) would look good.
    [​IMG]

13. 29 rattrap

29 rattrap
    from New York

id say lose the visor, lower it and drive it.

14. tankwilson

tankwilson

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my 49 Plymouth. Really close to your body style. This is a before and after pic. Mine is the black one, but really it looked just like the blue one when i bought it.

Chop Drop & Hardtop.

15. Alfster

Alfster

Just drive it. There are too many nice cars out there that have been ruined by someone trying to 'improve' them. I would be proud to have that in my garage.

16. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

whats does your dad think is cool, IMO that thing is bitchin like it sits, take off the visor, then tell your dad it's cool because HE likes it.

17. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

Get a P.O.S. to chop up and leave that one alone

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Have to agree. Just drive it and enjoy being seen in something unique and different. No need to mess it up.

Nice car.

19. Big Tony

Big Tony

I don't like the color but i hate red period... as for the handles, i think that may be the way they are suppose to be since both are angled the same way...just a guess since i have no proof. Other than that i dig it and would drive it.

BUT... the chop on post 70 looks TITS

20. yeah. love the cool mopar

21. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

Agreed.But skirts would be a good addition.

22. I wouldn't do anything but lower it, and improve safety and drive-ability (brakes, tires, seat belts, A/C, tunes, etc) if it needs it.

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

show me a pic of the 12.5-1 440 and 4w disc brakes.

plenty you can do to fuck that car up. leaving it alone isn't one of them,

24. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

red.jpg

sorry my computor skills are missing and imagination is on e

25. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

I agree 100%

26. retromotors

retromotors

I wouldn't mess with it at all .... great car!

27. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

This is from the Pileup last year. Proves that it doesn't take much to make it look cool....

28. murfman

murfman

Here are some pics I took today, hard to get a good shot of the read disc brakes under the car, I cut the mounting brackets out of 1/4" plate, and welded them to the Scout 44 housing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Here you go, plus I added a couple of other changes too. Lowered and extended the headlights forwards which adds a nice curve to the tops of the fenders. I also moulded the rear fenders in.

[​IMG]

The difference here are the forwards extended rear fenders. Brings a bit of balance to the long nose.

[​IMG]

Stocker again, for comparison...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  30. Cymro

Cymro

I'd stay with the stock / sleeper look, perhaps change the wheel trims, cad somberero or similar, or chrome reverse rim steels no need to go wild on this one it's already different.