Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help..Looking for NY guy giving away Henry J flathead 4 motor from March?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bone Daddy, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Hambers...Does anyone remember who was giving away the Henry J flathead motor & tranny from New York Sate? I doubt it is still around but it's worth a shot. We are trying to build a belly tank lakester for Bonneville next year and could use a strong running 4 banger. Thanks, Joe

2. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

ya know, them there Henry J's had a Willys engine in them, didn't they? Seems to me I pulled one out and put it right into my Jeep in 1963.

3. I have a Willys F-head 6, that isn't much bigger than the 4 would be. It's in the car, though. I remember that post, too, but I think it went with the classified changover.

4. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Yeah we are looking for a 4 banger or small 6 to build this belly tank and go to Bonneville a year from now. Since the Henry J had low miles and was free w/ a trans it would help us $$. Then we could tear it down, rebuild and gather spare parts for the trip. I tried every search possible and the post was lost in the hamb clean up. Building the tanker is not the killer so much financially, it's the ride out to Utah from New York and back. Here is just the tank for laughs. Thanks, Joe

Attached Files: