Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help locating local hotrodders '40 Studebaker gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rattleon, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

Talkin' with a local hotrodder today and he showed me a picture of his '40 Studebaker gasser that he owned/raced back in the late sixties in the Salt Lake City Utah area. He started searching it's whereabouts here lately after seeing a picture of it on a vintage drag racing site. About 7 or 8 years ago he was told that the car may have ended up in the Denver area, so I thought we'd try and dig up something here on the Hamb! It's a '40 Studebaker coupe gasser. Car ran an injected small block Chev, 4-speed and Olds rear end when he had it. Any info/history or whereabouts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465516721.315620.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Did it still look as pictured when the trail went cold 7-8 years ago or had it been Street Rodded, color changed, etc?
    Have you reached out to any clubs, associations in the Denver area?

3. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

I'm hoping to get a few more details of the "Stude" today and what condition or transformations it may have gone through since he owned it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  4. Rattleon

Rattleon
    from Idaho

Bump with hopes of a lead to reconnect a fellow gear head with an early love.

5. Hard to tell but scoop looks similar to this one.

upload_2016-6-19_20-54-52.png