Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help... I've searched, but nothing. 28 roadster door VS coupe doors.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by JTW, May 24, 2014.

1. JTW

JTW

Another lame attempt to turn a special coupe into a roadster. I bought it this way... my questions are simple. Will a roadster door bolt on in place of this horrible chopped coupe door? Its already to far a roadster, might as well go ahead and finish it.

I did a couple searches to no avail. Links to coupster builds, or coupster to actual roadster quarters conversion. Sorry but I love the knowledge available here from you guys.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Nope. Completely different. But it is fairly simple to make the door look good.

Instagram @baronsmetal

3. JTW

JTW

I figured they were shorter. I'll have to redo the tops of these to look nice. It amazes me how Crappy of a job people do and consider it cool... and safe...

I've actually go a set of roadster quarters as well, guess I could actually build it as a roadster... hard part is finding the correct sail panel

4. You certainly Could make it look a lot better. You have to modify the Cowl the a piller and thin the doors down. I converted my sedan Cowl into a roadster Cowl for pick up Build I'm doing and then just made the doors.

Instagram @baronsmetal

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. JTW

JTW

Any pics or links? I would like to see. I've seen so many bad coupster conversions. I just don't want to fall in that category. .HA

6. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400965881.663856.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400965905.479510.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400966002.335389.jpg
    Check my profile there's a lot more pictures and stuff on there I got a build thread on it

Instagram @baronsmetal

sko_ford likes this.
  7. 117harv

117harv

8. flthd31

flthd31

9. mgermca

mgermca

Good point flathead31, I too have been searching the HAMB using Google, much better results than the HAMB search engine.