Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help I'm Choking !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragdoc, Dec 24, 2006.

1. O.K. so I got this electric choke for my tripower 348 chebbie from Vintage Speed. It took the usual two weeks of attempted calls and messages before connecting with someone (don't Mrs. Price sound like a peach?). Couple more weeks to receive the products.

I got one sealed bag of parts and no directions. The unit has just one terminal on it, and its the weirdest looking terminal post I've ever seen. I thought they had two terminals, one wire for power and one wire that picks up a manifold bolt to sense the building engine heat.

Anyone familiar with these? Yeah I can try calling Charlie Price but that's frustrating at best. Thought I'd try the collective knowledge of the HAMB first

2. jetmek

jetmek

most ive seen have 2 terminals, 1 pwr 1 grnd. not sure what you have but its prolly internally grnded id just connect pwr to it and see what happens...

3. Pictures??
    Lay the parts out and send us a snap.

Cosmo

4. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

you connect 1 12v switched wire to it. as in switched i mean it should send power when key is on and car is running

5. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

If the connector on the choke is a silver L shaped lookin' thingy it needs a gray plastic Mid 80's Ford lever lock end.
    That connects to switched b+.
    Prolly have to scrounge or go to dealer for one.
    As for ground it should have a metal tab moulded to the choke housing and a ring that goes all the way around it making it for want of a better term internally grounded.

6. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

You do know that an electric choke stove listed for a 1980 model Quadrajet will bolt on to a 2GC, or a 4 barrel Rochester from the same era?