Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identifying wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alwayzarat, Jan 20, 2011.

1. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

These are 2 new wheels from Rocket Racing Wheels this year for 2011. The first one is the injector and the 2nd is the strike. I know the 2nd wheel is very similiar to a Radir, but I know I have seen similiar wheels to the first one but can't place them. The reason I am curious is I contacted Rocket Wheels, but at this time they are not and do not plan on manufacturing any of these wheels in the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern I need. I'm sure someone knows of a wheel similiar to the first one pictured, and maybe that company manufactures the wheel in 5 on 5.5
    Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

2. Greezeball

Greezeball

The "Injector" wheel is similar to an ET III wheel. Very pricy if you find them also a true magnesium wheel. Available in 15 & 16 inch.

3. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Who made the ET III ?

4. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

That site has a wealth of information! Most of the newer companies though are not making stuff in 5 on 5.5 in the "classic" styled wheels. The few that do are BIG $$$$$!!!

7. Original ETIII's were all aluminum - ET did not make magnesium wheels. I have owned 5 pairs of the original 150 pairs of 16x10, two-piece ETIII rear wheels cast by The Wheel Centre - still have one pair.

Steve

PS - those Rocket wheels look very nice

8. Greezeball

Greezeball

If not ET then who? Not being a smart ass just asking cause I have seen them in magnesium. Were the ETs patterned off a Hallibrand mag? Possibly? The mags I saw were 16s on a FED. Ya those Rockets do look good but ET IIIs are freakin awsome!

9. Halibrands were similar to these (and to ETIIIs) but not exact and yes they were available in mag (actually only in mag until the 70's or 80's).

Steve

10. 1926 Roadster

1926 Roadster

Yes, They are similar to the Halibrand available in Magnesium. They could be had in about any bolt pattern, but most commonly the six pin with spin on hubs. And if you find a useable set of them, they are definately going to be expensive. I have another companies copy, in an Oldsmobile bolt pattern. The company name is escaping me at the moment maybe I'll get a pic up tommorrow and look at the name on them.