Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identifying a wheel....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Sep 14, 2012.

1. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Hey guys, I don't have a very good way to magnify this picture of my dads 55 so it's hard to really tell what the front wheels are. The last him and I talked about it, he thought they were aluminum. I was thinking maybe they were single rib radirs, but weren't those chrome plated steel rims with the aluminum center? If so, then if he remembered correctly thinking they were aluminum, then they could not be radirs. To me they look like a flat spoke with maybe a slight rib in the center of the spoke. I'll attach the pic, it's a scan of a polaroid, not sure if any of you can enhance/enlarge it enough to tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

You could scan it with more resolution, there's not much we can do with it.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Change your settings to 300dpi in the resolution section and rescan it!

4. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

Its hard to tell from the pic...one spoke looks like a normal torq thrust style...and another looks flat with a raised edge...dont think theyre Radir...but offbrand in the reversed nature...they look like a Hollywood wheel or some kind of Fenton...many of those types of wheels had an aluminum center with a chrome steel rim though....here is a pic of some Fenton Hawks for comparison

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

5. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

From what my dad said, they were all aluminum, not an aluminum center/steel hoop. I'm not sure....

6. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

The way the spoke meets the outside of the wheel at a 90 degree angle makes me think of a steel/aluminum wheel... hopefully another pic will show up

7. drs47ford

drs47ford
    from Western NY

Don't know if this will help any but I gave it a shot....

Attached Files: