Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identify V8 badges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topless Ford, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Can anyone help me figure out what these badges came from originally. I have never seen anything similar on a car. I was thinking of getting them chromed and put them on my 63 galaxie, under the Galaxie fender script.

[​IMG]

2. kustombypook

kustombypook

Sorry I can't help. But those are fuckin' cool. I would love to have a set.

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I believe that they're Cadillac from the '30s. They identified V12 and V16 models with similar badges carrying the appropriate number.

I've always been amazed that Ford alone used V8 logos from 1932 into the mid-50s, I think with the sole exception of Cadillac. GM used a V when they introduced new V8 engines in Cadillac and Chevrolet, but even they left off the 8. Mercury, with the same engines as Ford, used "EIGHT" as their mark.

Seems like Ford must have convinced the other mfrs that the V8 logo was exclusively their property.

4. Paul2748

Paul2748

I think a LaSalle, late 30's, very early 40's. Looks like the one my mother hurt her hand on back in the late 40's. Might be a Caddy tho.

5. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

6. Crestliner

Crestliner

They are Cad and La salle, in the late 30s.

7. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Goofy question...... Does not look like anthing GM....Does anyone have a pic of their original application? I hate all the galaxie swag and was considering chroming them with the appropriate fade and contrast and dropping them below a 62 fender script on a 63 and eliminating the t-bird on the front fender. I am also looking for the bottom two spears from a 58 caddy, left and right to bust out a bit of lean and custom for my poor bastard bloodline galaxie.
    Please hook a brother up!!!!!

ps, those badges could go to the right rodder for a swap, as long as the trade badges were equally cool.....I am pretty easy to please......

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Attached Files:

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas