Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Identify this windshield regulator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FlyFisher, Jun 7, 2009.

1. The jerk on EvilBay said this windshield regulator would fit a 1936 Ford Pickup or coupe. It doesn’t. The jerk also will not take it back now. Help me identify what it comes from and I will move it to the classified section and hopefully find a good loving home for it.
    <O:p</O:p
    It’s 3 ¼” c to c for the mounting plate with full extension of the regulator arms about 3 ½” from fully-closed to fully-open. The handle stem extends 2 ½” from the base plate assembly.
    <O:p</O:p
    Any help would be appreciated because I know someone out there needs it.

Attached Files:

2. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

I have one just like it sitting here. Mine came out of a '38 DeLuxe coupe. I don't know if it would fit a '37 also but it will not work on a '39 as the shaft points upwards on them. Hope that helps some.

3. The '37-'38 and the '39 regulators attach to the windshield frame at two points rather than the single attachment in the center as on '35-'36 regulators. The one you have looks very similar to the '37-'38 regulator except for the difference where it attaches to the windshield frame.

4. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

You're right. I just glanced at the end and thought they were just together for the picture. It does look like a single mounting point. So...I'm not sure now. Truck maybe?

5. The regulator I have actually can be bolted to the windshield frame in two locations. I put a small bolt through the two attachment points while I was cleaning the assembly to make sure the arms worked in unison. I did not take it out for the photo session. My bad.:eek:

6. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Two words.....*OPEN DISPUTE*........don't let him off the hook so easily......he misrepresented the item........you should get your money back....period! Go through the process, make your case respectfully, and pursue it........

CB

7. So a 70 something year old part worth a few tenners does,nt fit. Modify it, re-sell it or swap it.

8. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Just looked at mine again and compared it to yours. Now that you've explained the bolt part, it is exactly the same as mine. '38 DeLuxe

9. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

it looks like it is a 37 38 it is just bolted together at the end

10. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

iIT THE ARMS CAN BE DIVIDED BY REMOVING A SCREW YOU PUT IN ,IT SURE LOOKS LIKE THE 39 I NEED FOR MY COUPE . IF YOU DIDN'T GET TOO ROBBED ON EXNAY I'D BE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT FROM YOU. PM ME OR CALL 603 493 8223 N.H. THANKS

11. '39 regulator has the knob up on top of the dash, so the shaft of the '39 regulator points straight up. Shaft of the '37-'38 regulator points to the rear of the vehicle, and the handle is above the radio speaker on cars and just above the ridge of the upper dash panel on trucks. For '37-'38 and for '39, cars, both Standard and Deluxe, and trucks use the same regulator. I have a spare that came out of a '37 coupe, and it's identical to the one in my '38 pickup.

12. Hockeymac

Hockeymac

If it fits the 1938, I will buy it. Let me know. Thanks, Hockeymac

13. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

The windshield regulator pictured is for a 1937 or 38 Ford. There is a screw connecting the two arms that should not be there. How do I know, I use to make the repro part.

14. OKYDOKY

OKYDOKY
    from Stanley

This regulator definitly will not fit the 39 ford. Look closely at the picture & you will see that the knob shaft goes out the FRONT of the dash. A 39 goes out of the top of the dash. Be carefuli