Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identify this T roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mentalstates, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Mentalstates

Mentalstates

Don't know much about it someone is selling and I want to make offer..it has a hemi :)..

Attached Files:

2. Mentalstates

Mentalstates

This is all I have to go on no other info..

Attached Files:

3. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

No info for you. But it is a Very Cool T Roadster!

4. Mentalstates

Mentalstates

Thanks..anyone else?

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

no idea either, but definitely looks like an old build. late 50's-60's?

6. 562roadster

562roadster

23-25 Ford Roadster? Either way, that is one COOL! hot rod.BUY IT!

7. It looks like a classic early-60's rod from the pictures I have seen... Can't specifically identify it, but is sure looks like something I remember from an old Car Craft or HRM.

8. BashingTin

BashingTin

It looks like the front tow-bar is made from wishbones...

9. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Wow!

If they don't have a set price, offer a few grand and go from there..

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  10. bct

bct

nice ! get it.

11. Id tread lightly on lowball offers. When I get buyers offering me insane offers on the low side, I clam up fast, and lose all interest in that buyer anymore.

Of course I set my asking price, I dont expect the buyer to be both the buyer AND seller :cool:

12. Mentalstates

Mentalstates

13. Looks like a late T on an A frame. Hemi is probably a 241 or 270. No question to me it's a '50's build. It shouldn't be too cheap.

14. Looks like something out of the book "Cool Cars Square Roll Bars".

15. manyolcars

manyolcars

the fan is incredibly far from the radiator
    please show the back of the car

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Side or rear shot would confirm it to be a Roadster or front half of a Touring car body. I'm thinking front of 23-25 Touring. Bob

17. Hope you can get it,More pics if you can please,its cool !! JW

18. AWESOME CAR!!!

the black plate sequence indicate it was titled, retitled or plated in the mid '60's.
    were it me, i would start at at least 7k ands see where it goes. if the guy knows its provenance or history that may become problematic. if the guy knows its provenance or history that may become problematic.

i'm sure there are guys who would advise other, but no sense on offending the owner and going home empty handed.

i ALWAYS approach it like this.... "I really don't know and I don't want to offend you. what would you say to $XXX ?" if things start going south, be ready to up the ante or bail.

Just know what you're willing to spend at the end of the day and be ready to walk when you hit the mark.

awesome car.

19. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Very cool, to me the tow bar would suggest it's a drag only rig, please keep it as is!!

20. OLLIN

OLLIN

Yeah thats what i was thinking too.
    Looks like a legit roadster to me, not a touring back half...
    7k would be a good, non insulting starting point. Especially if it runs.
    Yeah, those california black and yellow plates are from the 60's.
    Looks like either preunit triumph motorcycle fenders, or 36 ford spare tire covers were used for the front fenders and that old pleated upholstery screams late 50's to me...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

reminds me a lot of Fred Steeles roadster which was built on an A chassis but with a
    small block chev and triples
    [​IMG]

22. Mentalstates

Mentalstates

thanks for all the replies..now if owner would just reply to my offers...

23. pretty cool t... good luck with the purchase

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a cool and simple little rod that like others said I'd bet is a late 50's early 60's build.

Looking trough the opening in the tonneau cover you can see roll and pleats on the seat so the car probably has what's left of a finished interior. My guess is a little home built street car that got ran at the drags on a regular basis. The fenders were either because it weighted above a certain weight, was built during the fenders required era or they were required for the class it ran in at the drags.
    It would be cool to have and I'm not sure if I would leave it exactly as or restore it to exactly the way it was built with no visible improvements or changes except where they were absolutely needed for safety.

If you save the photo you can then blow it up to see the details. The builder (s) did a good job from what I can see but didn't spend much time worrying about spiffing up it's rough edges.

25. Bart78

Bart78

It's a cool car. But from a couple of pics I don't see 7,000. Not knowing what shape the motor is in. Or how any of the rest is done. I have seen some early home made jobs. And half were not even safe to take down the driveway. To me it's a cool looking model t.

26. It would sell in a day at any bigger swap around here. But this is the HAMB, almost no one thinks things are worth what they actually sell for.

27. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks pretty well built from back in the day. Check out the matching "edged" carpet beside it. Having front shocks and the top rad support, tells me its not just a "schlok rod" I'd say it would move at 10 grand any day at Hershey. Cool car

28. bgaro

bgaro

i wouldn't start at 7, i don't think i'd even go up to seven, yes its cool but those little T's are not worth all that much.