Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help Identify these control arms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by txag01, Apr 30, 2010.

1. txag01

txag01

I was hoping that the Hamb could identify these upper control arms. My '49 has a fatman MII front clip, and these arms were on the car when I bought it. After a few trips up and down the cul-de-sac, I heard a thud when I pulled back in the driveway. After a little inspection, I realized that my suspension was out of alignment. One of the upper arms had slid on the mounting hat.

I pulled the arms and looked at them, and they are not mustang II control arms. They have round mounting holes instead of the 2 spline mounting holes for the T-bolts found on a mustang II arm. The center to center bolt spacing is 5 inches and they measure 7.5" from the center of the cross shaft to the ball joint centerline. The bolt spacing is the same as mustang II, but they are about 1/2" shorter with the mustang II dimension being 8".

I looked them over and they have no part # or ID, aside from the ball joint part #. They also appear to be mig welded, although pretty poorly. My buddy thinks that they are GM A-body, what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like the ball joints are Chrysler screw in type. As far as the arms...??? Absolutly not Fat Man arms. They are jiged up and fully tig welded. The cross arms are not from there either.

3. Old Skool Rodder

Old Skool Rodder

Somebodys cobbled and "narrowed" must II arms

4. txag01

txag01

Well, the cross shaft is definitely not MII. Any body else know?

5. brandon

brandon

look like a circle track style tubular setup ....speedway sells a similiar setup.....metric chassis or late model dirt stuff.....

6. Dave50

Dave50

they appear to be for circle track and they do have a the chrysler screw in ball joint you can buy them from coleman afco speedway lefthander and a ton of others some are are done or you can buy them and weld them yourself and get the diameter you want

7. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Looks like an early Global West part. They still use a cross-shaft just like that.