Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help ID Vintage Midget Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barz51, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Barz51

Barz51

I picked up a stack of 9 pictures at an antique sale this afternoon and I'm hoping you guys can help me ID them. I'm more into hot rods but I just couldn't let these moments of history disappear. I'll scan some more pictures in a bit.
    Should be easy to ID these grandstands:
    [​IMG]

Same track?
    [​IMG]

Ray from Super Chevrolet Service. "Fresh Off the Line"
    [​IMG]

#22:
    [​IMG]

Car in the foreground says Toledo and #35 in the back says "Green Lite Inn Special" Toledo:
    [​IMG]

A closer scan of Perry and "The Man in Black"
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

cactus1 likes this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx for posting. I can't help you with idents, but I do love this bumper / grille combo! Gary
    [​IMG]

3. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

"Perry" appears to be Perry Grimm a top midget racer back in the 30s-early50s. Raced mainly on the west coast but ran some of the the big shows back east also. The tall fellow looks very familer but I can't put a name to him right now. Don't recognize the track but it appears to be a fairgrounds track and there were literally 100s of fairground tracks around the country that held midget races back then.

7-3-pg.JPG

Barz51 likes this.
  4. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

The track in the first and second shots may be the the mile at the Michigan Fairgrounds in Detroit, not positive of it though.