Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID trim/y-block intake 56Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopndrop, Mar 11, 2006.

1. chopndrop

chopndrop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm going through a bunch of the parts in my 56 Fairlane as it looks like I'll have to sell it, unless I find somewhere to store it soon. I came across trim and I'm not sure if it goes with this car. My guess is maybe door panel trim, but thats a guess. Does anyone know?
    Also I have this intake ECZ-9425-B. What can anyone tell me about this? Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Do not know anything about the trim but the intake is a 57 and newer and the one to use if you are going to retain the Y block. Jeff

3. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

trim is for a 56 door panel and rear seat area and the one that doesn't have a mate goes under the armrest

4. slick64

slick64
    from Mobile, AL

Yeah that is the good intake with the Normal holley bolt pattern. They are sought after. I have the old tea pot 4 barrel manifold and had to use an adapter to make it work.

Mike

5. chopndrop

chopndrop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, thats just what I wanted to hear. I have a distributor also, what do I look for to know what it is. I know the early one was not so good,and that you were supposed to match it to the intake, but I dont know what I'm looking for.

6. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Basically, you want one of the later distributors that had both centrifugal and vacuum advance. The early units were all vacuum advance, and are not the best choice for performance.

7. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

The later dizzie has a cap similar to the SBF & FE. Tag on the body will be , FAA, B9, C1, C5, or similar followed by the numeric code. Pull the cap and you can see the advance plate under the points plate. The early one is all one plate with springs on the top. Since new ones of the C5 style are available thru NAPA, Advance Auto and others for under $60 they arent worth very much.

The intake brings $50-100 without a carb. If the carb is a rebuildable original it should bring at least $50 to a collector.