Register now to get rid of these ads!

help ID this trans adapter/bellhousing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopndrop, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. chopndrop
    Joined: Feb 8, 2005
    Posts: 711


    bought this off ebay as an adapter for Y-block to early ford trans. I've never been able to get a good look at the bellhousing of a Y block so I am not sure if this is correct. The part that makes me wonder is that there is a part number on it that sounds like a Ford truck part number. Hopefully someone can help me.
    8RT 6392
    Joined: Nov 22, 2005
    Posts: 7,591

    from SIDNEY, NY

    Sounds to me like it's a factory bell housing that allows the use of a '32-'48 style transmission with a '49-'53 flathead block.
  3. Crestliner
    Joined: Dec 31, 2002
    Posts: 3,013


    Factory ford truck 48-52 1/2-2 ton.
  4. 51 MERC-CT
    Joined: Apr 5, 2005
    Posts: 1,594

    51 MERC-CT

    49'-51' Merc. with OD tranny uses the same style bell housing.
    Your pictures are not good enough to make any hole pattern match.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.