Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help ID this old Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jokester, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Jokester

Jokester

I got called today to go look at this sedan. It's supposed to be a 1925 Chevy Landau. But some of the paperwork in the house indicated it might be a 1927 or maybe a 1929.

I've started looking online, but thought some of you experts might be faster.
    It's a four door sedan. The back one foot of the top unlatches and folds back. This has been in this spot for over 50 years and will soon be for sale. I have no personal or financial interest in this car, just helping to ID it for a friend. IMG_1472.JPG IMG_1474.JPG
    Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

MO54Frank and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. the Dash says 1929 to me. 1925 Chevy dash is shaped completely different. Neat Car for sure.

3. squirrel

squirrel

Is it a four or six? (28 and older is four, 29 and newer is six) And can you step back and get a picture of the whole car, from the front/side? And what about the number plate on the pass side floor? that's the actual car serial number. What you showed is the body number..and they tended to start with the last digit of the year, but it's hard to find info about that. I know I was able to look up a job number when I had my 28 four years ago, but can't find that listing today. It also had an 8 at the beginning of the job number and the dash is very similar.

also what does it have for brakes? 28 was first year of front brakes.

4. fargoguy

fargoguy

It's not a Landau- but the rarer Landaulette- the section over the rear seat folds down like a convertible. Available only in 1929?? Very Rare- a friend has a 29 Pontiac Landaulette- very cool car. IMGP3976.jpg

5. squirrel likes this.
  6. VERY cool car, and rare

7. Ding, Ding, Ding....3rd answer wins.

Deuces and Tman like this.
  8. Jokester

Jokester

It's a six cylinder. Here are some more pics. Looks like mechanical brakes. The wheels look different from the one pictured above, but one or the other of these may have changed them. I don't know if I will have another access to the car for awhile. Owners are heading home tomorrow. Maybe I can get that number the next time they are in town. Car is in Kansas City. Owners are in Atlanta.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

.bjb
    IMG_1475.JPG

Attached Files:

squirrel and kadillackid like this.
  9. Deuces

Deuces

Looks like it's already been hotroded..... :D

squirrel and kadillackid like this.
  10. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER