Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help ID these garnish moldings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Aug 13, 2017.

1. metalman

metalman

Hey guys, I got some "extra" garnish moldings that were in a trunk of a car I had picked up. Some I knew but these I'm not sure of. Like to know what they fit so maybe I can find a home for them.
    DSC_0138.JPG
    2 chrome doors and 2 piece windshield. Really long on the doors. 49/51 Merc?
    u DSC_0139.JPG I think these 1/4 moldings and one door belong together but maybe not. Pic below is a closeup of the door molding trim. Looks GM to me but GM what?
    DSC_0140.JPG

2. metalman

metalman

These 2 really have me stumped, especially the one that looks like a rear window garnish except really tall for the width.
    DSC_0141.JPG DSC_0142.JPG
    Oh yeah, like I said once I know what they fit I will be looking for homes for them, don't do me any good hanging on the wall. If you recognize any of them cause you're needing one, send me a pm!

3. Slopok

Slopok

Can't help much but definitely NOT Merc.

4. metalman

metalman

OK. Hmmm, the windshield pieces are similar to how Fords are, trying to think what has that long of doors. Of course just because they were together and the only ones chromed doesn't mean the windshield pieces and the doors are off the same car, was just an assumption.

5. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

The quarter molding and single look like maybe 39 Chevy, Just a guess

6. metalman

metalman

Not 39 Chevy. Actually I don't think they are Chevy but some other GM. Wow, thought someone would recognize some of these by now! Gee, on another thread the power of the Hamb id a gauge cluster out of a 56 Continental in just minutes.

7. Gauge clusters are a bit easier to identify than garnish moldings.

8. I agree those middle set look GM, that angled B-pillar was common on GM. Can't be more specific than that however.

9. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

The one with the 3 pieces it look like the one could be a sedan rear for GM. The other 2 are coupe.