Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help ID old 5-spokes - What did I Buy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38Chevy454, Jul 10, 2018.

1. I bought some old 5-spokes wheels. Price was good and even the tires are near new, so I feel OK no matter what I actually did buy. Two different wheels, two fronts and two rear. Both are straight spoke, have the raised point on the spokes, and neither have any cast in identification I can find. They use the old style bolt-on cap, and have GM 5x4.75 bolt pattern.

First set is 14 inch diam and 6 inches width. These are 1-piece all cast wheel. Nothing real special I can find on the casting design, probably one of the many American knock-offs produced during the period. These have the unilug with also 5x4.5 and 5x5 patterns.

Second set is 15 inch diam and 6 inches width. These are 2 piece with the cast center and a steel rim. They have a kind of strange center with webbing on the center lug area. See detail pic of the webbing. IMG_0567.JPG IMG_0568.JPG IMG_0569.JPG IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0572.JPG

Any of you old wheel experts can ID what exactly I have? Thanks for any help!

2. redo32

redo32

If they are uni lug, they are E.T. The steel rimmed ones where sold by many Brands. Someone will be along shortly that has memorized the facts. Life is too short and I'm too old. My memory bank is too full of other useless information.

RMR&C likes this.
  3. Those are weird looks like some of the holes are round.
    My first guess would have been ETs too.

4. I have had some old E-T wheels on a past car and they had the E-T cast into the wheel. Did E-T make some without the E-T identification?

5. ET and Fenton both made them without ID cast in. Usually they were for store brand wheels like sears or western auto.

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Can't identify the wheels but my first car had both International Dragmasters and ET five spokes on it.

7. Pop the washers out and see if they say ET on them. ET washers were thicker than most other unilug washers also,

8. That's why some of the holes look round some of the have the washers in 'em. Duh' Oh!!!!

Good idea. Popping the washers and reading on 'em :cool:

RICH B likes this.
  9. I'll do that and check. Been busy on other stuff and will report my findings.

10. Well no markings on the washers, the saga continues.