Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help.. ID Chrome Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by matthewsgarage, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Not sure what this chrome fuel pump fits. If any body knows it would be very helpful. Thanks,Tom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. titus

titus

im guessing flathead

3. Look at the cup for the push rod it is turned around,glass bowl would be on top. Not sure if that would work ????

4. you think it was any old aftermarket pump

5. titus

titus

fuel pump on my wifes 54 delivery has the glass bowl on top

Yep, thats what i would think, aftermarket

6. I'll give it a try,see what happens.thanks

7. titus

titus

this one kinda mounts upside down too.

Attached Files:

8. titus

titus

just make sure you put a new sediment bowl gasket on it.

9. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

It is a flathead pump, probably a aftermarket replacement. All AC fuel pumps have a 4 digit #. Most are on the mounting flange sometimes it is a tag held down with a screw. If this pump has a # I can most likely tell you what it fits. Carter pumps also have a code. But, in Carter carburetors infinite wisdom they never kept a good record of what the # fit. They intended to sell new pumps not rebuild them.

Mike

10. I see no #'s anywhere, also pump is much larger and heavier then a stock flathead pump.

11. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

for you "it's upside down" folks - that cup swivels - so it can go either way. Flathead is also my guess. Looks to me to be aftermarket, and that's quite likely if there are no numbers anywhere.

12. titus

titus

13. titus

titus

The fuel pump boss pattern is not symetrical so it can only mount one way.

14. Ok, so that does not work. Bottom of pump hits the intake manifold. Is there a higher fuel pump stand for this type of pump out there. I have been working on flatheads for a long time and do not know of any but I also did not know nothing about a "bus pump" also. So any suggestions ??? Thanks for any info. Tom

Attached Files:

303racer likes this.
  15. titus

titus

Not sure on that one, some of the intake have the fuel pump stand turned, dunno if they make a stand with a different clock.

i do think they list 2 different lenght fuel pump pushrods so maybe they do, i have a box of stands but wont be able to dig them out till tomorrow, ill take a peak at em then.

jeff

16. Andy

Andy

You have a 8ba engine and they use the angled pump mount. I had to make a 3/8 spacer for my pump on a Offy manifold because it was really a 8ba design that they sold as a 48 and earlier. I had to add to the rod too.
    I think it is a high volume pump for a flathead.

17. ok,i did not think of that. i will check and see also if i have any 49-53 stands.thanks,tom

18. hari kari

hari kari
    from michigan

Wow that is on old high volume bus pump. Back in the day that was what they ran on 3 or 4 carb setups...very rare and $$$