Register now to get rid of these ads!

help! i wanna make some steering wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GARY?, Jun 16, 2006.

1. GARY?

GARY?

any HAMBers out there that can bend 4130 or DOM tubing into coils or hoops? i would like to make some steering wheels. i have a good idea, i think so anyway, but having trouble finding somebody that will bend up some metal with out me ordering a bunch of 'em. would pay and /or make you a wheel for your trouble. any help would be great.

2. raffman

raffman

I bought a stainless unfinished one from a HAMB'r here back in dec. or jan. Can't think of his name , maybe do a search??? He did an excellent job of bending up the hoop.

3. BIG PORT JIMMY 6

BIG PORT JIMMY 6

Look at the Sweet MFG bare aluminum wheels pretty cheap cut out the spokes and bang perfect circle. Jay

4. a place i used to work many years ago bendt 1"- 14 gauge tubing into a coil 14" outside diameter..about 6 turns per 20 foot length..for use as a control wheel on an ag product..they then got cut up and welded into circles

we actually sold the coils to several other manufactors for their own use

as far as i know, they still do..PM me if you want contact info. they will want you to provide proof of product liablility insurance

5. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Savage can do it.

Doc.

6. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I can bent you up spme hoops. I have 2 sizes available already

14" and 17" If I remeber right ..

I do steel and aluminum

Aaron

7. GARY?

GARY?

thanks for the suggestions everyone. i'll see what's up with savage.
    woo whoo makin' stuff!!

8. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I rolled up some steering wheel rings for a couple of orders last night

I have tooling to do 13 1/2-14" ones and also can do 15"1/2- 16"

Depending on the spring back of the material. If there is demands for other sizes. I will make more..

I usually do the rings for 25 each.. MAke yourself a cool and unique wheel. They get lots of attention. .
    That is for steel..
    I have to check pricing on aluminum again .ITs a nightmare to do but I can do it. I did a bitchin wheel for doc on the hamb out of aluminum with aluminum rods and had it polished

Aaron